Imagine what you can do at Land O#39;Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O#39;Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture#39;s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O#39;Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you#39;ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Production Operator- Omnium- 1st Shift
Omnium is your loyal partner in the manufacturing of crop protection, adjuvant and plant nutrition products. Our team adheres to stringent safety protocols and environmental stewardship standards.
The Production Operator is the front-line employee who performs manufacturing processes that add value and quality to the final product. There are a variety of sub-classifications within the operator job family. Duties may include receiving and handling raw materials, mixing ingredients, operating machinery and packaging the final product.
HOURS: 1st Shift- 7:30 am-4:00 pm
WAGE RANGE SALARY: $16.25/hour
Land O#39;Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills or ability to learn
- Ability to follow manufacturer#39;s specifications and direction
- Demonstrated ability or potential to work in a manufacturing environment
- Ensures a safe working environment for self and others while performing assigned tasks
- 18 years or older
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to trouble shoot mechanical problems
- Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
- Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
- Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills.
- Previous experience in a chemical manufacturing or industrial facility, formulations and/or packaging
- Forklift experience preferred or willing to be trained for certification
- Certified on entry level procedures biennially.
- Train and operate equipment associated with all tasks safely.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Carry out good housekeeping practices.
- Perform equipment maintenance activities
- Report any unsafe conditions to the Plant Lead Operator/Plant Manager.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Plant Lead Operator/Plant Manager.
- Complete assignments as assigned.
- Actively contribute to the team, assist others as needed/directed.
- Perform quality checks on packaging.
- Assist driver operator in staging product for shipment and shipping of finished product.
Must be trained on the following:
- Personal Protective Equipment
- General rules of personal conduct
- Hazardous communication
- Safety rules and regulations
- Storm water mitigation
- Company policies on security
- Lock out/ Tag out
- Confined space
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
At times, you may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the Hiring Manager.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management#39;s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review.
Key Words: Specialist, Private to Private, Seaman Apprentice, Petty Office Third Class, Private First Class& Lance Corporal, Airman to Airman First Class Seaman Apprentice
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O#39;Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Land O#39;Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O#39;Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O#39;Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O#39;Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy