Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
The Production Operatornis a contributing member of the team-oriented production process. Included is the operation of automated production and packaging equipment, basic diagnosis of equipment failures, monitoring equipment and food according to company standards. It is the responsibility of the Production Operator to contribute to maintaining a safe work environment for themselves, fellow employees and our customers.
- Ensure food meets quality specifications
- Operate and adjust machinery & equipment to ensure accuracy and proper food specifications
- Ensure work areas, machinery and equipment are clean, organized and adheres to applicable safety rules at all times
- Ability to operate equipment in assigned area
- Responsible for reporting and taking necessary actions to ensure food safety and prevent food quality problems from occurring; communicating safety, quality, production, maintenance and hygiene issues to appropriate personnel
- Continuous compliance with Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP s)
- Adhere to packaging work schedule and running orders
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- No experience necessary
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Read, Write and Math Skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and must also adapt to frequent changes that occur on the production line
- Position requires ability to act as a member of a highly functioning team
- High School Diploma
- Computer skills
- Food Manufacturing Experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance
- Navigate up and down stairs
- Flexing/Extending/Turning the neck
- Ability to work in a hot, cold, wet, frozen, dusty, and loud environment
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and overtime as required
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.