Rana is an international Company known and present in over 60 countries, leader of fresh pasta in the world with a turnover close to the 1 billion $. Founded by Giovanni Rana in 1962, the company has been led for over 30 years by Gian Luca Rana, Managing director and creator of the internationalization project that has led the Group to become a world leader in the filled pasta, smooth pasta, gnocchi, dishes ready meals and sauces. Unlike the traditional nature of the category to which it belongs, the Rana Group has always made of innovation its strength, both in the technological field (with the registration of dozens of product and process patents) and in communication.
Rana focuses its investments in the following areas: the creation of jobs (doubled in the last five years), the research and development; the continuous search for the best quality through the selection of the top raw materials, with the aim of offering consumers only unique products.
Today Rana has 8 factories (5 in Italy, 1 in Belgium and 2 in the US) and it is a large family of 3,500 people who share the same values. The engines of Rana#39;s development are innovation, internationalization, the enhancement of talents, passion and the constant search for excellence.
Job classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to Supervisor of the Department
The operator is responsible to start up and maintain the operation of specific production machines and to ensure that the goals of the department are met. The four most important goals are; efficiency, waste, schedule attainment, right first time quality. The operator is also responsible to follow Safety and GMP rules during the course of their shift and to complete housekeeping, and sanitation tasks as required.
- Identify product as being within specifications or defective
- Adjust machines to achieve quality and production specifications
- Keep machines running by transferring ingredients in a timely manner
- Complete paperwork to track quality and production data
- Adhere to Rana work rules, GMPs, Safety processes, procedures and rules as well as; comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Train new operators the basic skills of the job
Minimum Education, Work Experience & Requirements
- One (1) year as a process or packaging machine operator in a manufacturing plant.
- Ability to read work instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate verbally in English or Spanish with high enough proficiency to take direction from supervisors and discuss workflow with peers.
- Preferred requirements include; experience with SPC or quality documentation, participation in a Performance Improvement Team or Safety Committee,
- Must be flexible to work weekends and other shifts as needed
- Able to work well independently and as a team member
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position
- Carrying tools and supplies,
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Standing on feet for long periods of time
- Pasta Production Operators will lift a 40-50 pound roll of pasta dough approximately every 4-5 minutes throughout the shift.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud; ear protection is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for the duration of the production shift. The employee is infrequently required to sit; climb, balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. In some departments the temperature is 40 degrees F, in other departments the temperature may be 50 or 75 degrees F.