Summary: Responsible for a variety of tasks that requires knowledge and/or ability to learn both production equipment and major utility systems. Will work closely with a Class 3 Mechanic or mentor. Ability to progress and desire to learn of high importance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. PM’s will be done on a daily basis.
2. Troubleshoot and repair production equipment in production operations, utilities, buildings & grounds, etc.
3. Maintains machines with respect to bearings, assembly, disassembly, power transmission, rigging, and lubrication.
4. Effectively completes bench work utilizing common hand tools.
5. Can work effectively with an upper-class mechanic to work on electrical systems and components.
6. Learns to do rudimentary pipefitting of water, steam, and air lines with steel, plastic, and copper pipe materials.
7. Knowledge of computer software helpful.
8. Learns to identify potential issues and reports these to the necessary persons.
9. Trains and learns most shop equipment and machinery.
• Strong HVAC required.
• Previous food manufacturing experience preferred.
• Mechanical experience necessary, electrical abilities necessary.
• Stationary engineers/ammonia refrigeration experience preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma Required.
• Trade School level of Electrical or Mechanical training preferred.