Position Title:Production Manager - Plover Appetizer
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
About McCain: McCain Foods is proud to be a family and values-driven company. Our values are integral to our culture, helping to shape how we operate, how we work together and the choices we make. They are a big part of what makes us unique. McCain Foods opened their first production facility in their hometown of Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada. McCain Foods quickly established itself within the Canadian marketplace and then began a journey to become the world's largest manufacturer of frozen French fries and potato specialties.
McCain products can be found in thousands of restaurants and supermarket freezers around the world. In addition to fries, McCain also produces other foods, including appetizers, oven meals, vegetables and juice for both the retail and foodservice industries.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
McCain offers full benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance. In addition, we offer other benefits including:
- Adoption Assistance
- Infertility Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Assistance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
McCain Food s Appetizer facility in Plover, Wisconsin produces cheese and specialty products. We recently broke ground on a 135 thousand square foot expansion which will add a new line and bring the total number of employees up to 440! Creating great tasting food continues to be at the heart of everything we do at McCain, and this expansion will support our Appetizer business in meeting the demand for our wide variety of cheese snacks.
Sustainability and Plant Friendly Practices are at the Heart of McCain:
We ve embarked upon a journey to create planet-friendly food. Food that will use fewer natural resources in factories and farms, answer the need of increasingly health and planet-conscious consumers, and contribute to positive change in the rural communities where we grow our ingredients.
- We are moving to 100% renewable energy by 2030.
- Donating 200 million meals to food banks and NGO worldwide by 2025.
- Implementing regenerative agricultural practices across 100% of our potato acreage by 2030.
The Production Manager is responsible for the coordination and monitoring of the production facility: provides leadership and guidance to production team to ensure products are produced safely, efficiently, and with the highest of quality standards. Develops and builds team capabilities thorough mentoring and guidance.
- Continually improve the overall effectiveness of the production department through improvements to production, costs, product quality and food safety, plant sanitation, human safety, and employee engagement.
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to Glide Path Leads, Sanitation Manager, and Process Engineer. Assist in establishing goals and objectives that improve efficiency.
- Support favorable safety programs to achieve safety awareness among employees and champion a zero incident safety culture.
- Work closely with production planning to expedite raw materials and effectively coordinate and control inventory levels of finished goods.
- Responsible for driving a high level of engagement within the production team.
- Provide direction in conjunction with the Engineering Manager for properly maintaining and operating all equipment. Develop solutions for mechanical revisions to achieve optimum quality products.
- Ensure compliance with the plant s quality assurance programs and ensure finished products meet all specifications and regulatory compliance.
- Support efforts to develop and implement a human resource management plan that addresses manpower planning and training at all levels.
- Partner with finance with developing and reviewing all plans and budgets relating to production.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in food processing or manufacturing setting
- Minimum of two years experience in managerial position in food processing, preferred
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Location(s): US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Plover
Company:McCain Foods USA, Inc.