Diversified Foods and Seasonings is a leading food manufacturing company. We pride ourselves in our commitment of providing our customers with the finest convenient specialty food products and ingredients. With over 25 years of experience in being an industry leader, Diversified is comprised of fully automated USDA inspected kettle cooking operations in Madisonville, Louisiana. We are all about quality food and customer satisfaction, come be a part of our family.
We are currently seeking a Production Manager at our Diversified Foods and Seasonings facility in Madisonville, LA. The purpose of this position is to plan, organize and control production to effectively meet and/ or exceed safety, quality, delivery and cost goals and ensure that the department operates according to established company policies and procedures.
- Plan, schedule and direct the work effort of the production floor to meet daily, weekly, monthly and annual production goals, and meet all annual plant objectives.
- Assist in the development and ensure the physical execution of specific strategic objectives; for example, yield improvement, OPLH, GMP adherence, schedule attainment, safety improvement, operations standard operating procedures.
- Manage all aspects of daily time for hourly employees including but not limited to job assignments and overtime.
- Coordinate with cross functional departments to accomplish tasks and meet goals and objectives; for example, coordinating the release of equipment with QA and the repair of equipment with the Maintenance Team.
- Manage employee performance through motivation, delegation, development, counselling and resolving conflict; evaluate and manage department staff.
- Assist in developing and implementing techniques to improve quality, reduce unsellable product, and increase customer service satisfaction.
- Complete Daily Production Reports timely and accurately. Communicate all issues timely and accurately to Production Manager/Assistant Plant Manager and/or Plant Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by Plant Manager and or senior leadership.
- High School Diploma Required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience with Ammonia based systems
- Experience with thermal cooked foods systems/preferably kettle cooked foods systems
- Demonstrated ability and growth potential.
- Knowledge of production, preferably hands on experience with troubleshooting, investigating incidents, identifying root cause and documenting findings.
- Strong written communication skills with a strong ability to collaborate and work well with cross-functional teams
- Track record of successful process/project work and problem solving
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- HACCP certification preferred
Diversified Foods & Seasonings, L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome job applications from expert driven individuals without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or sex.