Job Title: Operations/ Production Manager
Job Type: Full-time, Monday - Friday, occasional weekend work
Salary: $75,000 - $100,000/year (Based on Experience)
Location: Greeley, CO
Reports To: Upper Management
Supervises: 60 - 70 reports
Succession Report: Operations / Production Supervisors and employees on 1st and 2nd Shift
Job Status: Full-Time
Job Type: Salary/Exempt
Summary: Manages, coordinates, and directs the effective operation of multiple manufacturing production lines in an industrial process by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives work assignments and schedules from planning manager.
- Analyzes production orders to estimate worker hours and create processing schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Computes amounts of materials and supplies required for production lines operation based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from storage areas.
- Analyzes inbound material analytics
- Formulates recipes with the QA manager and follows blend sheets after a formula is implemented.
- Actively promotes a safe work environment through training and adherence to safety protocols.
- Interprets specifications of production orders and effectively communicates to Production Line Leads and assigns duties.
- Plans flow of materials and supplies through department according to production orders.
- Inspects and measures products at critical stages of production to verify conformance to specifications and meets or exceeds quality standards.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists others in effective and timely resolution.
- Timely and accurate completion of production line performance results reporting.
- Must train, develop, and promote production supervisors, leads, and employees. All on the job training falls under the responsibility of the operations/ production manager.
- Actively involved in the Master Sanitation Schedule – daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual duties are encompassed in this.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
Customer Service - Meets commitments.
Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Actively promotes the production of safe quality pet proteins by participating in food safety and quality improvement meetings or teams. Responding to food safety issues or quality issues of customers, as requested. Monitoring the GMP state of the facility and employees and taking corrective actions as necessary.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; meets company and departmental safety goals; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; demonstrates and models best/safe practices for less experienced workers; reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly; actively participates in job hazard analysis, safety meetings, safety audits, and develops solutions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited school or 5 years of operations/ production management experience within the food (Preferrably meat manufacturing) industry.
Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principals, Continuous Improvement, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), 5S and other tools, systems, and processes is preferred, but not required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of mechanical deboning, micro cutter, and blending equipment. Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work. Ability to read and understand equipment instruction manuals and ability to detect and troubleshoot operating defects or faults.
Ability to provide proof of U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card) status.
Ability to pass pre-employment screening (e.g., drug screen, behavior assessment, etc.).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to work from process sheets and production schedules to achieve daily production goals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Proficient skill level in MS Office applications and at entering data in to Inventory Management System (IMS) for production tracking.
Certificates and Licenses:
N/A, Food Safety, HACCP Certified Preferred
Directly supervise Production Line Lead positions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Frequent operation in cold-zero-degree Fahrenheit environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds without mechanical assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
Qualified Candidates will be contacted quickly via phone.