- Guide team development efforts and provide leadership through coaching and mentorship
- Leads identification of opportunities and problem areas for targeted improvement by creating, reviewing and monitoring data or reports that show performance to KPI's. (safety, quality, waste, and productivity)
- Work in conjunction with Production Planner to ensure that the schedule is accurate and attainable
- Work with Production Supervisors and Production team to ensure that the Production Schedule is executed as well as modifying plans when needed
- Lead and ensure growth of CI culture by providing resources, participating in teams, and leading teams as necessary
- Monitor on going plant operations daily in all areas and report deficiencies to the Operations team and ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner
- Develop, implement, and update plant operations of all processes
- Must spend a minimum of 4 hours per day on the floor interacting with all the operational employees (Production, Shipping/Receiving, and Quality) to be effective in this position
- Work with Maintenance Manager with respect to equipment function / programming issues
- Work with Operations Team and Finance manager to review product shrinkage issues and investigate root cause and resolution.
- Work with supervision to manage production practices that prevent / reduce product shrinkage and downtime
- Provide oversight of plant Master Sanitation Schedule and equipment and facility cleanliness in compliance with regulatory, third-party auditing firms, and customer expectations. Provide oversight of CIP systems in relation to current sanitation chemicals vendor's service program / DFA expectations.
- Facilitate daily team huddles which include pre-shift stretching
- Facilitate monthly/quarterly meeting with the Plant Manager and Maintenance Manager for continuous improvement. Solicit agenda / discussion items
- Create shift work schedules and coordinate requested vacation time coverage to maintain production schedule
- Review, update, and oversee training materials and training parameters as defined by a job description and training sign-off checklist
- Verify that consistent management of Dairy Farmers of America GMP's such that work tasks are consistent with all corporate and regulatory quality and sanitation requirements
- Demonstrate leadership for safety programs and participate in safety meetings promoting safety awareness. Coordinate with the Safety Coordinator the annual safety trainings as defined by DFA Risk Management with the Plant Manager.
§ Follow all DFA GMPs and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements
§ Maintain safe working conditions for employees and compliance with all state and federal regulations regarding health and safety issues
§ Dedicate effort to safety as we expect every employee to leave work in the same condition as they arrived
§ Exhibit the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America through honesty, discretion, and sound judgement
§ Adhere to all DFA Quality, Safety, and GMP policies and procedures and report any nonconformity
§ Attend required training, including but not limited to, Safety, GMP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Safe Quality Foods (SQF)
§ Responsible for processing quality product and food safety
§ Back up to Plant Manager overall responsibility for Food Safety and Quality Program
- Provide oversight of hourly production employee annual performance reviews for all shifts. Complete supervisor's annual performance reviews working with Plant Manager. Work with Plant Manager to complete annual merit increase recommendations
- Responsible for completing and discussing disciplinary actions with direct reports as necessary
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.