Production Manager – Food Manufacturing
The Production Manager will develop and implement production standards that will improve efficiency and foster a continuous improvement culture. This position is responsible for the oversight of quality, food safety, HACCP, GMP, sanitation, safety and regulatory compliance.
This position requires an individual who has successfully led and developed high-performance teams, exceeded established KPIs and possesses a continuous improvement mindset.
Responsibilities - The crucial step to this position’s success:
- Leads production team to achieve production KPIs and uses performance data to drive improvement and provide optimal production performance.
- Maintains KPI scorecard within the key plant areas. Conducts KPI review meetings with the leadership and production team(s).
- Communicates specific and clear company and individual objectives with employees. Coaches and develops production team to reach professional development goals.
- Provides current, direct, complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback to employees.
- Collaborates with Plant Manager and plant leadership to develop plans to drive efficiencies, increase throughput, reduce waste and develop our workforce. Leads these initiatives to achieve “world class” performance.
- Supports the development of long-term plant goals and objectives as well as annual operating plans and budgets.
- Reviews capacity plans and weekly production schedules to ensure effective scheduling of personnel and equipment. Monitors attendance, overtime and equipment efficiency to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Effectively collaborate with Production Planning, Quality and Maintenance to understand priorities and communicate issues to the team.
- Champions safety and environmental compliance by example and though leadership practices. Works with the Plant Safety Leader to continually review working practices to ensure safety is the top priority.
- Implements and maintains company manufacturing policies and procedures and production control programs.
- Follows all safety procedures and participates in safety training. Maintains safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person. Reports any injury or accident immediately to supervisory and/or any unsafe condition.
- Supports and complies with GMP’s. Understands and follows emergency action plan.
- Supports food safety, quality and legality.
- Ensures the operation is providing food-safe, quality products which meet or exceed all product specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements - Ideal candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 7+ years of production experience, preferably within a food and or beverage manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience with a demonstrated ability to successfully build and mentor high performance teams.
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Understanding of major functions within the plant and the ability to work directly with all levels and functions.
- Knowledge of GFSI audit schemes, such as BRC and SQF.
- Continuous Improvement mindset with success meeting production KPIs.
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task, recognize priority and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Positive attitude and a team player that promotes collaboration.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.