WHO WE ARE
Family owned/operated and based in beautiful Bradford Ontario, we here at Gwillimdale Farms do more than just grow vegetables, we are growing our business. We supply our produce both locally and abroad, working in tandem with retailers, food service providers, and wholesale distributors. We believe our biggest asset is our team. We are always striving to build a better team and better work environment through continuing efforts in the areas of safety, education, and personal development.
Reporting to the Sales & Plant Operations Manager, the Production Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production, packing and shipping while maximizing stewardship, safety, quality and productivity to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. This role will drive the continuous improvement and optimization of our packaging lines to ensure optimal operation levels.
SKILLS YOU BRING TO OUR ORGANIZATION
Interpersonal Skills: Production Manager must be able to speak with employees, other department managers and senior management.
Leadership Skills: Production Manager must be able to motivate employees to keep operations running smoothly.
Problem-Solving Skills: Production Manager must be able to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving it, such as identifying defects in the production line.
Time Management: Production Manager face production deadlines, shipping dates and more and must manage their time accordingly.
The ideal candidate will display the following competencies:
- Accountability & Dependability
- Decision Making and Judgement
| || |
| || |
- Ensure a healthy work environment, that maintains high food safety standards.
- Ensure line operations are running within the Health and Safety standards set forth by the company.
- Oversee and direct the daily work in the plant.
- Lead / Assist the production team in ensuring that the daily production requirements are met
- Ensure all equipment is operating properly and take appropriate action to correct any issues that may arise.
- Maintain productivity that meets/exceeds standards.
- Strive to create a high-quality product that consistently meets product specifications.
- Contribute to the whole facility in a positive way through continuous improvement methodologies.
- Ensure the appropriate documentation of machine malfunctions.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
WORK EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven work experience as a Production Lead Hand or similar.
- Manufacturing experience of 3+ years.
- Proven Leadership and Team Building Skills
- Food industry experience an asset
- Knowledge on safety, quality, productivity and inventory
- Ability to create accountability and lead by example.
- Able to perform all tasks within the department including lifting and/or shoveling
- Able to lift 25kgs
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Punctual, reliable and responsible
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Comfortable working at heights and in tight spaces.
- Personal protective equipment required in plant (i.e. steel toe boots, hair net/beard net).
- Comfortable kneeling, bending, reaching, twisting and/or standing for periods.
- Able to lift to 50lbs.
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance coverage after 3 months of continuous employment.
- Monday – Friday 8am to 4pm
- Annual base salary of 63,000 – 68,000