Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Voortman Bakery, Burlington Ontario
Manager: Plant Operations Manager
Direct Reports:, Production Supervisor, Production Lead, Planners
We are seeking an exceptional, results oriented individual to join our team for the position of Production Manager.
Here at Voortman Bakery, we think real tastes better. That is why our bakers insist on using the best real ingredients, hand selected for their exceptional quality and flavour. Baking really delicious cookies, since 1951.
We are changing for the better; our culture, our products. We have a new look and are driving to redefine the cookie market. Currently working towards removing artificial additives the Voortman Bakery is a distinctive and growing North American baked goods company, with a long and stable history. We are passionate about our products. We care about our people and our customers. Voortman Bakery is a subsidiary of Hostess Brands LLC, one of the largest packaged food companies that is focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh sweet baked goods.
The Production Manager is responsible for day-to-day direction and oversight for the manufacturing of bakery products and teams. This individual will organize and lead production to ensure that products are produced consistently and efficiently to specified quality and operational standards to be shipped to customers on-time. The Production Manager will lead the team to implement best practices and standards to continue to improve and manage to KPI’s.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Train, oversee, and assess production staff and overall bakery production performance.
- Develop, coach, motivate, provide feedback and performance manage direct reports
- Provide direction, performance objectives and make key business decisions for Production Supervisors and Planners.
- Align production schedules to ensure maximum production efficiencies standards for labor and raw materials.
- Responsible for oversight of the entire production operation.
- Implement company standards for formulas, scaling weights, , bag sizes, bake times, and all production control processes for Quality Products.
- Implement best practices to optimize equipment line usage and modifications to improve operations performance and control costs.
- Make sure that all equipment is maintained and operated per Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Accountable for production cost, labour utilization, waste, line efficiencies, raw material usages
- Ensure that standard operating procedures and GMPS are implemented and adhered to consistently
- Direct resources of plant and equipment toward the most efficient production of baked goods.
- Ensure and maintain Food Safety, Quality standards and Health & Safety standards at all times.
- Participate in Health & Safety committees, GMP’s and Food Safety audits, complying to HACCP and GFSI certification
- Coordinate with Sanitation to ensure the plant and equipment meet regulatory requirements for cleanliness and product safety.
- Promote safety through work procedures, and employee safety programs.
- Ensure that quality products are consistently and efficiently produced to meet sales commitments to customers.
- Coordinate and implement company policies and procedures in all areas.
- Ensure compliance of all Local, Provincial & Federal regulations.
- Ensure compliance of Recall Procedures.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business or Operations preferred.
- Ten years’ experience manufacturing experience required
- Seven years’ management experience required
- Unionized work experience preferred
- Strong Business Acumen and Critical Thinking Skills
- Continuous Improvement/Six Sigma
- Knowledge of HACCP and GFSI is preferred
- Bakery Experience is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Presentation skills
- Human Performance Management – effectively monitor performance of direct reports and provide feedback to improve performance, coaching & developing teams.
- Ability to build partnerships within the organization and coordinating with support departments.
- Ability to effectively use and operate computer software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, SAP and ADP payroll
- Manufacturing Environment
Voortman Bakery is committed to accessibility and equal opportunity in its recruitment process. If you require accommodation to participate, please contact us.