Are you an expert on insects with strong ability to lead? Our client is an international leader in providing integrated pest management strategies and biocontrol systems for growers. They specialize in supporting sustainable agriculture through pollination and crop protection solutions of the highest quality. Due to growth within the US, they are seeking a Production Manager to join their team and set up operations in CA.
New graduates are invited to apply if you have some related experience working in greenhouses or scouting. Proven ability to lead others is a requirement for this role.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Production Manager will manage all production and operations for the state of CA. Starting up a new facility, the Production Manager will work to grow the team and be a decision maker for setting up the facility and operations. Although the role will start out as an individual contributor, it will evolve over time as operations ramp up and the products and services offered by the company expand. As growth occurs, more personnel will be assigned to the location and the opportunity for career growth in this role is excellent!
NOTE: For onboarding and training purposes, the new hire will spend up to one year in Canada (visa and housing provided) to learn about the company and its operations. After the training period, the new hire will return to CA to set up the new facility.
- Oversee the operations/production of the western species for California facility.
- Have close contact with R&D for process development & improvement.
- Maintain and comply with all federal working & safety regulations.
- Maintain and implement efficiencies, productivity and profitable strategies.
- Plan, schedule and manage production staffing, to include procedures and work instructions.
- Along with the Operations Manager, will be responsible for production planning (start up, translation of sales forecasting and monitoring of reported sales).
- Assist in budget planning and maintain the objectives of operations.
- Optimize available floor space for production.
- Document changes to production system or quality control procedures.
- Monitor and analyze weekly/monthly production reporting and KPI’s.
- Monitor and maintain the climate control system.
- Keep informed on how all equipment and production supplies are used and maintained.
- Write and implement of production and quality control protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Biology, Entomology or related field.
- Possess expertise in the biology of bees, insects and mites as they relate to the needs of the horticulture and agriculture industry.
- Knowledge of production and quality control protocols.
- Proven leadership abilities with strong decision-making skills.