Blount Fine Foods is a private, family owned company that has been in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country. Blount Fine foods has three manufacturing facilities.
Job Summary: Overall Accountability for achieving established corporate division goals; including division profitability, product quality and accuracy, staff productivity, scheduling efficiencies and the oversight of equipment and system performance and downtime. Identify current and project future state of division. Identify growth opportunities; both financially and operationally. Where is the division going, where do we want it to go, and how will we get there?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuous development, analysis and utilization of established departmental performance data programs to achieve departmental goals. Including future needs and capabilities.
- Ability to understand, implement and analyze SPC (Statistical Process Control) practices, to add validation to all aspects of the operation.
- Continuous analysis of current production processes and procedures, proposals for improvements, implementation and follow through of agreed upon changes.
- Department ambassador for all division related matters.
- Communicate effectively within the department by:
- Working closely with Vice President of Operations to continuously update and review departmental goals and objectives.
- Holding weekly meetings with Supervisors and key staff.
- Performing periodic reviews and development opportunities relating to Supervisors and key personnel. Assisting subordinates with reviews and disciplinary matters as needed.
- Adherence and enforcement of all Corporate Safety policies and procedures
- Ability to own, lead and develop overall division, its staff, and its activities.
- Assure process team: 100% adherence to all recipe designs and/or procedures; no deviations.
- Assure process team: 100% adherence to all company GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures); no deviations.
- Understand implications of departmental “down time” and inefficient processing.
- Understand how to react to such matters, to minimize downtime incurred.
- Contribute in proactive approach to address and eliminate future downtime obstructions.
- Teach ownership and reactions to “downtime” to your staff
- Utilize designated paperwork/systems to track, verify and adjust efficiencies (as appl).
- Educate key staff in utilization of processing systems and data.
- Responsible for any and all divisional product being put “on hold” or deemed “waste”, as a result of departmental error or inefficiencies.
- Responsible for any and all divisional “Down Time”, related to your processing line/equipment.
- Accountable to ensure that all responsibilities of Supervisors and key personnel are accomplished on a shift to shift and project to project basis.
- Continuously update VP of Operations on departmental status. Specifically matters related to divisional cost per lb; including waste, downtime, staffing, and overall processing efficiencies. Explain steps being taken to improve and eliminate any areas deemed deficient.
- Oversight and accountability of 2-6 department Supervisors. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization#39;s policies and applicable laws. Departmental responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- 2-4 year degree
- 2-4 years supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education/work experience required.
- Excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, be self-motivated, safety conscious, detail oriented, able to multi-task, ambitious, and have a leader and coaching mentality.
- 2-4 years manufacturing experience required.
We offer: Medical, dental and vision benefits; 401k with Company match and Profit Sharing Plan; Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays; Education Assistance Program; Life Insurance and Short Term Disability; Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations.
High School or better.
3 year: Manufacturing
3 year: Production
3-5 year: Manager