The vision of SunOpta is to be the most innovated, vertically integrated provider of organic ingredients and healthy food solutions.
Job Title: Production Maintenance Mechanic III
FLSA Status (US): Non-exempt
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Experience in industrial troubleshooting experience to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand, power, and precision measuring tools. Ability to diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem. Responsible for observing and following all safety regulations with required PPE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize LOTO when working on electrical services to ensure working safely and Comply with all Company Safety Policies and Practices at all times.
- Proficient in fabrication and can sanitary weld stainless steel
- Ability to assemble, installing, and troubleshoot 220 and 480 3phase motors, wiring, and equipment motor controls and Allen Bradley VFD#39;s.
- Proficient in AC and DC control voltages,
- Proficient in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and megger, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Proficient in troubleshoot PLC#39;s utilizing Allen Bradley 500 and 5000 software.
- Ability to troubleshoot, read and program Maintain electrical equipment to meet regulatory codes at the country, state, and federal levels.
- Adjust and calibrate functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Ability to demonstrate a systematic approach to solving problems.
- Perform rigging activities, safety-related functions, and other miscellaneous electrical functions.
- Demonstrate safe and proficient use of shop tools (both hand and power).
- Demonstrate mechanical knowledge.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to safely utilize a forklift and high lift.
- Must be physically capable of performing work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trade workers.
- Perform duties in a work environment that will be hot, cold, dirty, and fast-paced.
- Self-starter yet able to take orders as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or General Educational Development credential (GED); At least 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Must have intermediate level mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills and experience. Required to have intermediate level industrial electrical repair, ammonia refrigeration and maintenance skills experience.
Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to write routine reports and must be able to speak effectively one-on-one with employees of the organization, production Supervisor and Maintenance management at all times. Bilingual English/Spanish helpful, but not required.
Must be able to apply commonsense understanding to fulfill written, oral, or visual instructions. Must possess advanced problem-solving skills used in standardized situations.
Must be able to apply commonsense understanding to fulfill written, oral, or visual instructions. Must possess advanced problem-solving skills used in standardized situations.PERSONAL TRAITS:
Must be able to communicate and support the company#39;s policies and procedures to employees and customers in a positive manner. Must be able to follow directions from a supervisor, prioritize work, and interact with coworkers. Must be able to understand and follow work rules and procedures. Must be able to accept constructive criticism.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
Must be able to use heavy machinery repair tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. Individuals are expected to wear slip-resistant footwear in production areas, i.e. rubber-soled shoes with traction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk, stand, sit, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, or balance. In addition, the employee will maneuver, reach, handle, or feel tools and controls with hands and fingers. The employee is regularly required to walk over wet, uneven surfaces and climb ladders and stairs. The employee will need to talk, hear, or smell, must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential job functions.
T he surrounding work environment is characterized by wet and/or humid conditions. Individuals are exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, toxic chemicals, and
vibrations from machines. Due to the work setting, the environment is usually loud. Earplugs and hairnets are available and are required in the production area.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER