This position is available for a qualified individual with proven maintenance skills. Responsibilities include efficient maintenance and repair of all extraction, mix-blend and production equipment. Conducts preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and assisting with other projects as assigned reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities\:
Perform all duties required of Production Maintenance Mechanic I
- Ensure that all production lines/equipment is set up and operable prior to each production day
- Maintain all equipment - minimize downtime - perform and record all activities as required by the M&R preventative and predictive programs
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve equipment issues
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand technical manuals and schematics
- Follow company GMPs (good manufacturing practices) and all other quality programs as they relate to the maintenance department
- Identify potential problems/projects/improvements which will maximize production efficiencies and reduce downtime
- Complete work orders, down time reports, and any other reports as they relate to maintenance
- Use equipment such as\: hand tools, power tools, welders, electrical test equipment, PLC interface, HMI (Human Machine Interface), diagnostic equipment, fork lift, etc.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required
- Responsible for ensuring work area is clean and organized
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a member of a team
- Strictly adhere to all Safety policies (i.e. Lock Out Tag Out, Machine Guarding, etc.)
- Committed to ensuring that the products produced meet all food safety and quality requirements
- Maintain complete maintenance records and PM schedules for all equipment and facilities.
- Recommend equipment modifications to improve the process, productivity and finished product quality.
- Analyze performance issues related to equipment, tear down inspect components and replace as needed
- Troubleshoot equipment to define root cause and repair in a timely manner.
- Maintain spare parts inventory to minimize downtime and expense to the company.
- DMAIC, Design, measure, analyze, implement and control mechanical process improvements.
- Generate parts request to ensure adequate inventory.
- Practice continuous improvement concepts in all aspects of equipment and facility maintenance.
- Locate critical spares in the market for those items not in inventory.
- Implement factory recommended equipment maintenance schedules and develop schedules for areas where none exist.
- Repair downed equipment in a fast paced time critical environment.
- Train and Coach Associates on technical and procedural duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be a self-starter capable of working in a team-based environment.
Education / Experience
Must possess one or more of the following\: Must possess one or more of the following\: vocational school certification, bachelors degree, or minimum 4 years experience in a production or manufacturing environment.
Exceptional mechanical skills/aptitude excellent math skills - basic computer skills - experience with PC and PLC driven components.
The candidate with be subjected to pre-employment criminal background and drug screening tests. Any job offer will be subject to satisfactory completion of these tests. Other skill-related tests may be required.vocational school certification, bachelors degree, or minimum 4 years experience in a production or manufacturing environment.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form.
To perform in this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of business software, and manufacturing software (HMIs, PLCs, and manufacturing controls).
Must be able to work flexible hours.
Knowledge and Skills\:
Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of systems having a high level of instrumentation and automation. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software. Experience with Oracle is beneficial.
Exceptional mechanical skills/aptitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/ or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice