The SunOpta Healthy Snacks Division manufactures both Natural/Organic fruit snacks and a variety of grain & nutrition bars that are distributed throughout North America and in many regions in the world. We produce products for Retail partners under their Private Brand labels and we co-manufacture for some of the most recognizable brands in the North American marketplace. We are currently looking for a Maintenance Tech to be part of our dynamic Healthy Snacks Division.
The Maintenance Tech is responsible in ensuring that all production lines/equipment is set up and operable prior to each production day. Maintain all equipment - minimize downtime - perform and record all activities as required by the M&R preventative and predictive programs
Responsibilities (Key Role Activities include the following. Other duties may be assigned)\:
- Maintain all equipment - minimize downtime - perform and record all activities as required by the M&R preventative and predictive programs
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve equipment issues
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand technical manuals and schematics
- Follow company GMPs (good manufacturing practices) and all other quality programs as they relate to the maintenance department
- Identify potential problems/projects/improvements which will maximize production efficiencies and reduce downtime
- Complete work orders, down time reports, and any other reports as they relate to maintenance
- Use equipment such as\: hand tools, power tools, welders, electrical test equipment, PLC interface, HMI (Human Machine Interface), diagnostic equipment, forklift, etc.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required
- Responsible for ensuring work area is clean and organized
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a member of a team
- Strictly adhere to all Safety policies (i.e. Lock Out Tag Out, Machine Guarding, etc.)
- Committed to ensuring that the products produced meet all food safety and quality requirements
- Must possess one or more of the following\: vocational school certification, bachelors degree, or minimum 4 years experience in a production or manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional mechanical skills/aptitude excellent math skills - basic computer skills - experience with PC and PLC driven components.
- The candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment criminal background. Any job offer will be subject to satisfactory completion of this test. Other skill-related tests may apply.
- Electrical, welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, fabrication, or experience with using Rockwell software is preferred.
- LEAN Manufacturing