Production Machine Operator
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas#39; English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann#39;s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world#39;s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Production Machine Operator:
Great starting pay rate: $16.92 per hour
Excellent benefits with low premiums - medical, dental & vision
Paid training period
Stable Union position
Company sponsored Health & Wellness Program, Gym Membership Program, and BBU Extras Company Discount program
Opportunities for advancement in this facility and within Bimbo Bakeries USA
Production Machine Operator Position Summary:
This Production Machine Operator is an entry level trainee role in our plant/bakery and is a valuable member of the production team focused on safely and consistently producing the highest quality product possible for customers.
Production Machine Operator Key Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures and maintains a safe environment compliant with all BBU, OSHA, and/or governmental policies and procedures
- Follows and enforces Food Safety & Food Quality Plans to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Standards, the SQF certification system, and other 3rd party audits
- Performs various duties including, but not limited to; safe operation of machinery (mixer, oven, pan setter, trayer, etc), packaging products, mixing ingredients, and moving and/or stacking materials and equipment used in the production of fresh baked products.
- Acts with a Continuous Improvement mindset and focus on improving efficiencies and decreasing waste
- Additional responsibilities & duties as assigned by supervisor
Schedule Hiring for:
- Days: Rotating days off (2-2-3 12 hour schedule)
- Shift Time: 6:00 pm - 6:00 am
- Overtime may be needed
Production Machine Operator Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes
- Prior experience or training in manufacturing or supply-chain environment is preferred
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions with high level of detail
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Physical requirements: ability to work 8+ hour shifts, lift 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry pans, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time, perform repetitive motions, and work in an environment with varying temperatures
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Keywords: Production Associate, Machine Operator, General Labor, Production Labor, Manufacturing Associate, Production Technician, Production Worker, Manufacturing Associate, Manufacturing Worker, Line Operator, Line Worker, Production Employee, Packaging Operator
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.