This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
Want to learn how to make juice?Lassonde Pappas & Co. is a USLeader in beverage manufacturing dedicated to our team members, customers and consumers satisfaction. We remain committed to our small-town roots and rural values. Hardworking and caring are qualities that make our teams special. Since 1942, we’ve been producing delicious products for our customers across the country!
To provide the best for our customers, we focus on building the best team by creating and advancing an inclusive environment amongst our diverse workforce. If you’re passionate about customer satisfaction, reliable, and committed to being and doing better, join us!
We value each of our employee’s total wellbeing. To support employees in all stages of their wellness journey, we have a robust benefits program including: medical, dental, and vision coverage options, growth and development potential, along with 401-K, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Fairs, Gym Membership Discounts, and so much more!
The Production Lead is responsible to be a support person for all operators on the line by helping with line balancing, troubleshooting equipment, product quality checks, product safety (including sensory (CQP) and monitoring of CCP requirements), support break and lunch relief while keeping a clean and organized work area. This role reports to the Production Manager and is based out of our Springdale, Arkansas location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a clean work area: occasional hosing down and mopping the area as needed
- Assist the line operators in picking up dropped caps, bottles, labels, cardboard or any other spillage in the production area
- Ensure area is organized and free of debris, such as wood chips from pallets, especially near the filler
- Ensure area is wiped and cleaned through the “clean as you go” program
- Operate and troubleshoot equipment throughout the line and support maintenance when there is downtime
- Assist with package changeovers on all the equipment by adjusting rails, swapping out change parts on the filler, labeler and packer
- Coordinate breaks and lunches with other operators and filling in as the operator while the operator is on break or lunch
- Ensure highest productivity on the line by maintaining a balanced line and reducing or minimizing waste on the line when it comes to juice, caps, labels, cardboard, bottles and other packaging materials. Reworks bottles from the empty chute from the single filler and dumping back juice that is reworkable
- Ensure good quality product by assisting the operators with analytical checks such as sensory (CQP), monitoring of CCP requirements, brix, TA, correct label usage, correct coding and correct use of trays/RSC – verify individual runs on the cap code, bottle code and case code
- Coordinate with forklift operator on correct bottle usage at the filler
- Ensure the line is well organized and free of debris.
- Ensure floors free of juice by washing down any spillage to minimize slippery conditions
- Verify employees are using equipment guards and safe lifting and machine operators are conducted in a safe manner
- Train new employees that are hired in the work area assigned
- Advanced knowledge of field
- Lead by example and assist others who may need guidance
- Be accessible for employees to ask questions regarding area of expertise
- Provide positive recognition to employees who exhibit good behavior in their work area
- Provide feedback to managers on individual and team performance
- Accountable for food safety, food quality and regulatory requirements for their position
- Encouraged to notify management about actual or potential food safety issues
- Adopt and maintain all SQF requirements for their position
- Empowerment to work with supervision to resolve food safety and food quality issues within their scope of work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of production experience operating equipment
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Must have excellent time management skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment
- Ability to direct, coach and train others.
- Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.