At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Production Lead is an hourly front-line leadership position. This position supervises production staff on a specific shift to attain production and quality goals. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues. Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality and cost. Mentors and develops hourly production personnel.
- Create a team environment built on open communication
- Set clear team goals
- Delegate tasks to operators
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Motivate team members to achieve goals
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members feedback and resolve issues or conflicts
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Contribute to the growth of the company through building a successful team
- Monitor and coordinate the daily acuities of hourly operators on your shift
- Drive improvement by holding operators accountable to policies and guidelines
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proven ability to lead personnel
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts; mandatory overtime is required on occasion which can include some weekends
- Attention to detail, punctual, and dependable
- Excellent problem and communication skills
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Willingness to generate new ideas and find better ways to do things
- Flexibility to work any/all shifts to support a high growth work environment
- Ability to demonstrate and train on policies of safety and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment within the Columbia, MO plant
- The environment includes both tempered and ambient areas
- Able to repetitively lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable
- Must be able to work in a standing position for extended periods.
- Able to repetitively exert the required force to push/pull gaylords of differing
- weights (400 to 1200 lbs ) while walking utilizing a manual pallet jack.
- Must be able to crouch/stoop/squat/bend as needed to complete tasks.
- Occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks.