Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Works with his or her staff to ensure client satisfaction by maintaining high product quality standards and a safe, positive and efficient work environment. Oversees, trains, coordinates and gives appropriate feedback to assigned team. Acts as the primary liaison between the Production Supervisors and production staff.
- Coordinates operators work, training and learning. Provides performance feedback to help Supervisors with staff reviews. Participates in corrective action procedures, as required.
- Performs or coordinates the equipment setup, start-up time and shut down.
- Cover line operators including mixing operator
- Enter on SAP topping when it use.
- Complete the line daily report.
- Monitor operations and apply known QA policies/procedures relevant to the assigned area and notify Supervisor of any deficiencies or variances.
- Ensure crew is following all safety and GMP rules.
- Lead by example (be neat, punctual and professional).
- Ensure that all paperwork in area of responsibility is correct and followed.
- Assist Supervisor in coordinating breaks, lunches and overtime.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Department to trouble shoot and resolve issues to ensure full capabilities.
- Ensure work areas are clean and safe, report any unsafe conditions or employee actions immediately to the Supervisor.
- Communicate effectively with hourly employees, Supervisors and other departments
- Ensure that the next shift is setup with proper materials and adequate tools.
- Assist with training/mentoring of new employees and advise Supervisor if there are delays or concerns in training a new employee.
- Assurance that all employees comply with company policy and procedures regarding conduct and safety.
- He or she must motivate workers to do the work with higher efficiency and ensure work is completed on time, properly.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Overtime hours may be required based on work demand. Employee must be flexible with the work hours as needed. Might need to work different shifts and work weekends.
- Print film, labels, boxes and ensures the lot codes, bar codes and use by dates information, Allergen Label verification are eligible and correctly applied according to specifications.
- Verifies that metal detectors are functional and performs regular tests as directed by the Quality Assurance Department.
- Adjusts and prepares ink jet coder (markem) for daily production. Monitors to ensure accuracy and legibility.
- Print film, labels, boxes and ensures the lot codes, bar codes and use by dates information are eligible and correctly applied according to specifications.
Skills and Experience
- High School diploma / GED desired or equivalent years of experience in a bakery environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience in large scale baking.
- Specialized knowledge of all area and/or departmental processes and relevant equipment will be given consideration.
- Ability to comprehend basic verbal and written instructions.
- Must have good command of The English language.
- Ability to distinguish and identify different products by reading labels.
- Ability to do simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic Computer and SAP knowledge are required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand or walk, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is continuously required to use hands to finger, handle or feel product, machinery controls or materials. Manual dexterity and utilization of both hands and all fingers is required. The employee is frequently required to twist, bend and stoop, and occasionally to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with the aid of a co-worker. The employee must occasionally push/pull manual or automated pallet jacks and other equipment. With the aid of co-workers, the employee is occasionally expected to push/pull equipment on wheels up to 75 to 200 pounds approximately 75 feet. Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For line manufacturing environment hearing protection is mandatory. Employees move between hot and cold environments. Temperatures may be around 45F or 100F and in between. Hottest temp months between May & September. Exposed to moving equipment through the shift. Exposed to milk, eggs, butter, chocolate ingredients used in our products.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.