Objective of Position:
Responsible for performing all duties in the repack department. These duties include but are not limited to tote-bin breakdown, case stacking, product casing, case forming and clean-up
List of essential functions
- Maintain a clean and safe work station by properly sweeping up and disposing of all waste product, wood, cardboard and packaging material.
- Maintain a constant supply of cases for the product.
- Inspect the finished product to ensure proper quality, and then put the correct number of bags in each case.
- Stack each finished case in the tie and height pattern assigned to that item
- Breakdown, stack and band the empty bulk bins for shipment to other facilities.
- Must be able to climb the stairs to the hoppers or mezzanine and work effectively in those areas
- Must be able to climb ladders while using a hose for sanitation
- Follow all safety guidelines set forth by company and plant policies and managers.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures, which include SOP’s, Employee Handbook, Food Safety and Quality Procedures, Food Quality Policies, GMP Handbook, HACCP, and Pictsweet Safety Procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to read or interpret documents such as safety rules/ signs, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures. Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers Permit
Physical Environmental Factors:
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and be able to stand for prolonged periods. Must be able to withstand working for long periods of time in a cold, damp environment.