As one of North America#39;s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods ("CPG"), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care ("HPC"), over-the-counter ("OTC"), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 29 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America.
Our Household Division ("Household") is the ##1 player in North American private label bleach, and supplies private label cleaning programs to prominent American retailers.
We are looking for a Fill Line Operator to join our team in Santa Fe Springs, California within our Consumer Brands Division (KCB).
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to provide an convey quality feedback to Leads, Mechanics and Management in regards to equipment, procedural, safety and any other issues hindering production.
- Willing to be responsible for the overall operation of the Line, which includes achieving Production standards, housekeeping, dealing with on line personnel, and notification for maintenance needs.
- Able to grasp Fill Line equipment functionality and display the capability to analyze, diagnose, troubleshoot, and do minor maintenance for all three Fill Lines.
- Must perform change over, product as well as set-up.
- Evaluate machine breakdowns and communicate/work with mechanic to repair problem in a timely manner.
- Able to work with others to maintain maximum production levels.
- Show good safety skills and judgment.
- Must be able to perform line checks and documentation as required.
- Ability to sufficiently perform at all positions of the Fill Line (ie: box maker, debagging etc.)
- Must be willing to work other shifts during volume peak season and to ensure Operator coverage.
- Other assignments as assigned.
The above statement describes the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing industry.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 60+ pounds safely.
- Read, write, speak and understand verbal and written schedules, instructions, requests, etc. in English
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to (1) operate a forklift as needed, (2) be mechanically inclined, (3) willing to work overtime when required, (4) be able to work with others in a team environment, and (5) join union.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office).
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK#39;s retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, age, religion, sex, or national origin.