Feel Good Careers @ Sabra Dipping Company
Sabra started at a small factory in Astoria, New York, but we always knew we were onto something big. As a joint venture between Strauss Group and PepsiCo, we’ve grown to be the number one Hummus company in the world. If you have a real passion for food and think Hummus is as magical as we do, join our team.
We offer comprehensive benefits, a great company culture, and a diverse group of people who take ownership to create something awesome. We are committed to individuals ‘being at their best’ by bringing fresh ideas to the table and turning their passion for food into results that matter.
Dip into This Role
- Manage the effective execution of line trials, qualifications and process capability evaluations.
- Execute test plans and use data analysis to quantify key process and packaging machine parameters and fundamental mechanisms at both pilot and factory scale.
- Monitor production downtime and make continuous improvement recommendations.
- Utilize CI/Lean tools such as Six sigma and FMEA to ensure products and processes are efficient with quality and cost in mind.
- Work alongside the Engineering team to assist in introduction of new technology into supply chain.
- Support site activities and track KPIs relating to capacity, efficiency, improve packaging quality and waste reduction.
- Develop and train employees on new SOPs. Maintain and audit existing SOPs.
- Ability to write, manage and complete Capital Projects (<$100M)
- Understand and follow safety process and protocol
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in R&D, Sales, Marketing, QA, and Supply Chain on any changes in filling or packaging, new formulations, or packaging materials that would affect Safety, Quality, Cost, or Productivity.
- Identify and execute cost saving and continuous improvement projects utilizing cross-functional team.
- Support Commissioning and Qualification of new projects or other production changes. Own the Validation and Tech Transfer of new projects or initiatives.
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting activities to resolve product non-conformance issues that impact quality, cost and efficiency at the site with appropriate escalation protocol back to central team.
- Develop troubleshooting guide and SPL for front line associates
Recipe for Success
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Packaging Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- 1-5 years of previous experience in Food or CPG company
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Able to work under pressure, to tight production constraints.
- Able to work both as an individual and as a team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take hands on, practical approach, within the factory floor environment.
- Can do attitude and must be a self-starter
- Strong working knowledge of food science, food manufacturing processes, quality assurance principles, statistics/SPC, HAACP, and GMP
- General knowledge of SQF, AIB, FDA, and other relevant auditing bodies
- Ability to act as a Product Quality and Food Safety expert in Operations Department
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis methods with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new skills and communicate to key stake holders
- Project management, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify risk and mitigate
- Ability to develop and lead continuous improvement projects while tracking and communicating results
- Point of contact for all new packaging and filling initiatives
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Commissioning, Qualification and Validation (CQV) process and capable of leading either process
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize activities to meet business critical time lines.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and understand basic engineering drawings (e.g. AutoCAD)
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.