You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have nearly 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you re thinking how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can crunch on oodles of free snacks everyday!
Pay Rate $22.00/HR Starting Pay + $3.00/hr Shift Premium
What you bring to the BEST Snacks Table:
The Shift Production Coordinator will assist the Supervisor in the daily operations of the department. The Coordinator is required to become proficient in and be expected to support and deliver against all areas of the department where critical leadership is deemed a necessity. This would include but is not limited to having sound knowledge of Safety, department rules, GMP's, FDA, Quality and technical skills relative to plant and equipment. The Coordinator is responsible for meeting or exceeding Quality, Safety, and Production goals. The Coordinator is recognized as an extension of the Supervisor and is expected to act accordingly in a professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This is a working coordinator role and will set up and work on the line as needed to meet production demand.
- Ensure safe work practices are utilized, initiate and implement safety improvements.
- Maintain clean work areas, ensure GMP compliance in area.
- Support and train team members as needed to perform their daily job duties.
- Coordinate team's daily activities to meet production requirements.
- Must be capable of providing front line troubleshooting of equipment and process issues, properly elevating concerns and issues to plant leadership team.
- Support and train team members as needed to perform their daily functions and works with Supervisors to build an effective team environment.
- Organize all line cleanup and change over activities.
- Perform root cause analysis on production issues, noncompliance events and safety incidents/near misses
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- (3) years of applicable leadership experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to escalate challenges to appropriate level(s) of leadership effectively.
- Be flexible and available to interact and connect with team members at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrate proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Display the ability to multi-task and be effective in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially when interacting with staff, suppliers, and community partners.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules to include weekends and overtime when needed.
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Listening skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now