Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Greeley location, we are seeking a Production Accountant. The Accountant, Production is responsible for performing internal control procedures, month-end close processes, management reporting and insightful analysis to ensure the accurate and timely presentation of plant results. The purpose of this role is to provide core leaders with the key operational and financial information required to make strategic and timely business decisions.
This position performs processes surrounding select phases of corporate and plant production accounting. This includes performing and understanding the financial impacts of: production yield variances, shrink model, milk payments and financial close models to effectively publish the plant A/C/B financial statements. The Accountant, Production provides support to internal customers in Plant Operations, Plant Production Accounting, Dairy Procurement, Operations FP&A and core leadership.
We Ask Of You To:
- Performs Pilot Plant receipt, cycle count, production and shipment material movements to close plant financial statements.
- Reviews and processes milk payments timely and accurately to ensure quality milk settlement reporting.
- Using system generated yield data, books related month-end financial variances.
- Performs the month-end overhead and absorption financial variances.
- Books month-end efficiency and rate variances to explain the variance between actual and standard labor dollars.
- Provides detailed information relating to pilot plant accounting and provides the business with information needed to evaluate R&D cheese credits.
- Performs monthly balance sheet reconciliations in accordance to policy, reconciling all variances.
- Maintains a continuous improvement mindset to improve efficiency and effectiveness of financial close models.
- Be an early adapter in the utilization or new system and solution tools.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting from Production Accounting and Operations FP&A leadership.
- Supports Plant Controller and Accounting Supervisors. Adds value by developing an understanding of plant operations and financial drivers.
- Questions prescribed process and works with A/D Ops Accounting to formulate changes for improvement.
- Takes the initiative in learning and self-development.
- Leads by example in production accounting team and cross-functionally.
- Fosters a positive and supportive work environment.
- Improves personal effectiveness through participation in the Leprino Foods Performance Management process.
We Offer You in Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, paid parental leave (outside of CA and NY), healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit-Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders!
You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 3+ years of progressive accounting or finance experience
- Additional education may substitute for experience
We Hope You Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- SAP Experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide group of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.