Home Market Foods is a dynamic food manufacturing company that is the market leader in a number of meat-based meal and snack categories. We have grown substantially across our markets through excellence in innovation, operations, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by our ownership group and an expanding team of world-class leaders. HMF is building on our track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF's business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for our customers and team.
With corporate headquarters in Needham, MA and a manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA, we are comfortably located within the Boston metropolitan area.
We are growing at a rapid rate, and our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions. To this end, we are posting for a strong Product Quality Manager This role will be based in our Norwood, MA manufacturing facility.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
As part of the management team, the Product Quality Manager develops and implements strategies, programs, policies, and procedures to ensure the highest levels of food quality consistently. This individual ensures products are manufactured by HMF are within HMF's product quality standards and specifications. Having culinary background, skills and being a 'foodie' are greatly beneficial to this role.
- Works with R&D and Quality Assurance/Vendor Assurance during product development to establish product quality/ organoleptic parameters for product specification documents.
- Provides product quality leadership and input into product and process development activities by actively participating in formula development and advising on ingredient selection
- Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures pertaining to food quality working in conjunction with Procurement and Vendor Assurance.
- Works with R&D, QA and Operations in product mass production roll-out and ensures product consistency throughout manufacturing
- Provides timely and effective communications to management, acting as a liaison between Operations, R&D and QA management to ensure product quality.
- Maintains and reviews all food quality/organoleptic documentation to ensure goals and objectives are met
- Provides product inspection activity throughout the production cycles.
- Manages food quality lab testing, shelf-life studies and other processes to ensure highest quality of product through life cycle
- Lead investigations and implement solutions in any product-quality related matters and report findings to appropriate leadership
- Participate in consumer feedback evaluation and review any trends
- Establishes and provides leadership to ensure product quality and compliance is embedded in process and system design as well as during execution, while enabling novel solutions
- Identifies, leads and facilitates broad based product quality programs and improvements to set a level of superior performance against customer expectations.
- Partners with Procurement and Vendor Assurance to ensure a sustainable supply of raw materials and maintain a high-level supply chain visibility
- Develops and demonstrates organizational understanding of the cost of quality
- Must follow safe work practices and comply with all company, federal and state rules and regulations which apply to the job.
- In his/her absence, QA Manager, Director of R&D or Director of QA& Food Safety will perform his/her responsibilities or delegate to a designate
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Food Science or Culinary arts/ Culinology required.
- A minimum of 8 years proven Quality Assurance or closely related experience in a regulated food industry (Harvesting, Manufacturing, Restaurant or Institutional facilities) is required.
- A Process Excellence/Six Sigma/Lean certification is desired but not required.
- Solid understanding of the business environment inside a quality organization, across various roles (e.g., product development, quality operations, quality control, quality systems, etc.) is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Food lab/Product development and production environments are preferred.
- Working knowledge of USDA and FDA regulations
- Knowledge of Quality Management System (QMS), Total Quality Management (TQM), SQF a plus
- Proven mastery of Sensory evaluation is required.
- Excellent interpersonal negotiation, partnering and influencing skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an open, collaborative, interactive leadership style required.
- Occasional travel is required
Please visit https://homemarketfoods.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to complete our online application form.