Product Manager - Natural Extracts and Natural Colours
The role can be based in Cincinnati OH (United-States), Chicago IL (United-States), or East Hanover NJ (United-States).
On this role you will be the commercial regional expert for Plant Extracts, Functional Extracts for Wellness and Natural Colors. Being part of the Marketing team, your essential success factors will be based on your ability to create impact on Givaudan and Naturex customers and to evolve in a multi-functional environment. You will report to the Director of Product Marketing.
About the role - Main Responsibilities
Go To Market – Drive to Commercialize:
- Use your experience to become the Expert for the Natural platform and Natural colors
- Increase growth for the existing products portfolio in the region (creates content, develops promotional plan, Salesforce training, join customer visits with account managers, aligns company partners and functions for execution of plans)
- Amplify internal commercialization of new ingredients or technologies within Givaudan to solidify technical adoption with the objective to increase win rate
Marketing – Collaborate to build
- Develop NOAM Givaudan market positioning for the Natural platform and Natural Colors
- Promote the commercialization of all products into the relevant categories
- Crystallized clear message for the commercial team
- Collaborate with driver teams (Creation, Applications, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Pricing, Regulatory, Quality, Communication, Global Product Management, Sales, Science and Technologies) to develop promotional programs with the appropriate value proposition and for increasing win rate
- Ensure internal commercialization of new ingredients to the creation and application centers
- Identify products and technology needs, translate them into innovation programs to close the technical gap and increase win rate and develop the commercial opportunities accordingly
Portfolio Management – Operational Excellence commercial voice
- Understand plant and operation capacity and main sourcing and supply chain dynamics to recommend business directions and build the marketing story
- Identify non-performing products and recommend actions
- Manage sales forecast and communicate with procurement
- Analyze gross margins, identify product cost issues, and address these with procurement, operations, and technical group
- Drive Pricing strategy for your product lines to maximize profitability
- Collaborate with pricing team and other partners (finance, purchasing, operations) on accomplishing pricing process
- Consult with Pricing Analyst to support and advice regarding annual review pricing process for adjustments related to market variations
- 5+ years Commercial or technical experience in flavor industry, food ingredients or chemical industry
- University level degree with technical background (Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, or Biotechnology).
- Experience in an international environment is a plus
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’. The Company achieved sales of CHF 5.5 billion in 2018. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 145 locations, the company has almost 13,600 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.
You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions. Join us and Impact Your World
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.
Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.