A Private Label Manger will help lead the development and maintenance of private label products. This role will be responsible for coordinating the new product development process and lead the label development and approval process. The Private label manager is a subject matter expert (SME) that collaborates with Business Unit customers and cross-functional stakeholders (Regulatory, Packaging, Quality, Marketing, NPD etc.) to commercialize private label products.
A Private Label Manger drives labeling activities to initiate and to deliver to Operations labeling content changes through updates to product labels, instructions for use (IFU) and other forms of regulated labeling materials, in compliance with global and regional standards and regulations. This role is responsible for engaging cross-functional teams to resolve project obstacles, meet key labeling objectives, and collaborate on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work cross functionally to bring Private label new products to market.
- Confer with label package change initiators to assess business needs and to determine their requirements to help solve problems in an innovative, cost effective and timely manner.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and collaborative communications
- Collaborate with label change request initiators to plan, prepare and submit complete and accurate change requests.
- Interpret, analyze, compare and make decisions regarding existing content in a labeling content system, in collaboration with labeling stakeholders, to support the design of labels and IFUs
- Contributes to the development of solutions and best practices for labeling initiatives, including recommending activities involving legacy systems, process improvement, country-specific requirements, labeling standards and regulations, and labeling stakeholders
- Provides guidance to management in identifying/executing alternate strategies to facilitate or accelerate delivery
- Attends project meetings including Project initiation meetings, Operational meetings, etc.
- Maintain and recap the binder containing project updates/progress for the leadership team
- Responsible for accuracy of item set up forms
- Collaborate with sales team as needed to move projects along (ie: forecast forms, item set up)
Required Education and Experience
- Four-year college science-related Degree (Bachelors)
- Minimum of 3 years labeling experience, preferably in the following areas:
- CPG/Private label for FDA and global markets
- Strong interpersonal skills are a valuable characteristic for business unit labeling specialists, both for building relationships with cross functional teams quickly, as well as effectively communicating with other members of the business unit.
- Project Management Professional desired
- Strong relationship management and communication skills, both oral and written (minimum English), to influence others and operate effectively with ambiguous situations.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Must be able to listen to the customer’s requirements, desires and concerns, and then recommend solutions, possibly including customizing a path forward to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision, making informed decisions based on analysis
- Action-oriented and customer-focused to deliver consistent, quality results
- Ability to function well under pressure
- Flexible to balance day-to-day delivery at the same time as unanticipated activities
- High level of detail accuracy
- Experience with content management, translation, labeling graphics design and proofreading systems desirable
- Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience supporting sales or marketing staff.