Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
Our Lakeland Distribution Center, 30,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking a Product Inspectorto join our team.
The Product Inspector is responsible for insuring customer orders are fulfilled to our customer’s expectations
including final product inspection and release to the customer. S/he performs outbound product inspections to
ensure that product meets customer specifications. Inspections include verification and validation of product,
packaging, labeling, sizing and weight. The Product Inspector is also performs product inspections using
established acceptance criteria outlined in Sunset Product Specifications, known customer requirements,
commodity inspection check-sheets and food safety guidelines. Makes a determination whether product meets
criteria, which includes color, size, condition and weight of produce and accepts/rejects appropriately.
• Verification that all labeling specifications are adhered to.
• Validates correct product is pulled and shipped to customer
• Responsible for final release of product to the customer.
• Reports non-conformance findings to responsible department manager/supervisor.
• Verifies that action was taken to correct the non-conformance, when appropriate.
• Performs any other Commodity related tasks or special projects as assigned. This may include assisting
production or other operational activity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Post-secondary education preferred.
• Experience in the produce industry preferred.
• High level of attention to detail, ability to identify differences when inspected items are very similar in
• Ability to prioritize work and act independently within defined parameters for role.
• Inspection/audit experiences, working in software applications preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to use and read measuring devices such as scales, calipers, ruler.
• Proficient in MS Office.
- Work environment is a refrigerated warehouse, where the temperature averages 50 degrees Fahrenheit
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending, squatting, and crawling on a regular basis
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put in place.