Are you passionate about food trends? Do you dream of ways to discover the next best thing, or new ways to mix favorite flavors and ingredients together to delight snackers everywhere? If so, our Zee Zees Product Innovation Lead could be the tasty opportunity you seek!
We’re looking for a seasoned product development expert that’s enthusiastic about food innovations, and brings a heaping serving of project management abilities. Our Zee Zees Product Innovation Lead will help champion the snack food space for our signature brand of better-for-you snacks. This new role will collaboratively define product strategy, as well as develop, launch, and enhance products that drive our business forward in both our Retail and K12 sales segments. You’ll cultivate consumer insights, market data and trends that help the Zee Zees team identify opportunities to grow within our existing product portfolio and also new categories leading with innovation. And, you’ll be comfortable working with all kinds of individuals, teams, and even senior leadership. Most of all, our mission-critical New Product Development Pipeline process for all new Zee Zees products will be your baby! You’ll excel at both strategic thinking (dreaming it up!) and tactical execution (making it happen!) for the entire product development process.
At National Food Group, we’re proud of our fun, collaborative, and progressive culture. We’re always looking for ways to innovate corporate life to be more fun and convenient for our team members, especially in these unprecedented times. With our split work from home and work from the office options, we’ve become Zoom champions and instant messaging wizards – we put a high value on communication from professional video calls to virtual team social hours. When in the office, team members can enjoy our hot and cold beverage machines, a clubhouse and other fun meeting spaces, and an in-house gym, and an Innovation Center where all our cooking magic happens! Our team has a good balance of work and play – who ever said corporate life couldn’t be fun?
Why do we all do what we do here? To give food a home.
If this position sounds appetizing to you, read on!
Your essential duties:
- Help lead vision and strategy into a pipeline of innovation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Set product vision and lead road mapping, goal setting, project execution, and product roll-out strategy.
- Develop, implement and manage full product lifecycle of new and existing products.
- Create a data-driven long-term roadmap for the Zee Zees brand in both K12 and Retail segments.
- Understand market trends and build business cases for new product opportunities
- Provide regular updates to leadership regarding progress of products within the portfolio.
- Monitor and report on the progress of all activity within the product area including significant milestones.
- Partner with and influence cross-functional teams to gain alignment on objectives and targets to achieve Zee Zees results.
- Maintain financial profitability by meeting and exceeding margin and sales targets.
- Manage the product development process, providing data related to the opportunity, the marketplace, product positioning, and revenue potential.
- Turn customer insights into actionable strategies and priorities.
- Lead Product Pipeline meetings with cross-functional Road Map Team.
- Lead the execution of new Zee Zees product sampling/tasting panels with potential consumers as well as in-house product reviews and cuttings.
- Research, negotiate and manage new partner relationships in all aspects of product development, including ideation, adaptation, costing, product quality and distribution related issues.
- Create, manage and maintain internal systems information in NetSuite that drive POS sheets, order guides, web sites and other item-related data.
- Create and organize sales deck, POS sheets, recipes, case studies, and any other marketing material in collaboration with creative services for product launches.
- Review existing processes and recommend improvements to ensure we scale the business and increase share.
- Attend and assist with trade shows.
- 4+ years in product development role, preferably in consumables (CPG).
- Building and executing annual product road maps and new initiatives.
- Managing product lifecycle from ideation through to commercialization.
- Strong analytical skills and acute attention to details.
- Use of project management tools like Asana, Excel or milestone process.
- Proven ability to lead and collaborate with cross functional teams across multiple departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to present data in an organized manner.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Conflict management.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Embracing the challenge of taking Zee Zees product development to a new level.
- Creatively identifying data points and trends that ultimately fuel innovation.
- Open to learning and coaching in order to facilitate rapid Zee Zees growth.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and exceptional drive for results, Initiative & follow-through.
- Comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
We love when our team members are happy and healthy! At National Food Group, you#39;ll have the following benefits and perks:
- WFH 3x weekly – Remote or Hybrid: M/W Novi Office, T/TH/F WFH)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- Group Life & Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Flexible Savings Plan
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- PTO & PTO Buy Up
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Workout Room
*Please also include your salary requirements when submitting your resume.