Our Product Development/Formulation Scientist is charged with orchestrating the development of new products, specification definitions, reformulation of existing products, and inbound raw material controls for potential and existing products produced at REPCO. The Product Development/Formulation Scientist will provide top of class technical expertise in various communication methods to ensure customers#39; needs are assessed with top priority.
- Masterful lead and in-house expert in facilitation of operational and nutritional formulations in REPCO.
- Execute interpretation of company growth strategy as an ambassador for REPCO on a practical/commercial level.
- Skillful nutritional scientific expertise to co-develop general and nutritional solutions, specification recommendations in preparation for production.
- Accurate and efficient population and validation of data, documentation, and formulations including information housed within formulation software database
- Point of contact expert in providing technical nutritional support on raw materials, production and storage including scale up from lab stage to trial run to full operational production runs.
- Relationship driven consultant with internal and external customers to ensure their expectations are being met.
- Systems Development Architect who can see the need for a better way to make the formulation or customer experience better and translate this to a solution.
- Inspirational educator of colleagues in providing leadership and building the team’s skills including succession planning to formulations team.
- Collaborative assistance in quantitative method development as needed.
- Active participation in food safety programs, inspections, HACCP verifications, housekeeping and training.
- Promotes and demonstrates without fail all good manufacturing practices, applicable HACCP principles, laws and statutory regulations/guidelines in alignment to ISO 17025, FSSC 22000, monitoring CCP’s, sanitation record keeping to promote and ensure a safety culture.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organizations objectives.
- Proactively communicates with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, competency, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Chemistry, Food Science, Biological Sciences or related technical fields. Deep technical knowledge in the areas of vitamins, supplements, enrichments, food safety, quality assurance and regulatory affairs.
- 5+ years formulation, nutrition, laboratory experience; or equivalent combination of expert education and experience.
- Exceptional in-depth knowledge in nutrition, supplements/ingredients/chemical interactions, formulation, food manufacturing, transportation, storage, trade and ingredients.
- Expertise in formulation programs and database management systems
- Expertise in raw materials, special ingredients and additives
- Knowledgeable about supply systems, linear programming, and statistics
- Working knowledge of quality systems management (like TQM or Six Sigma)
- Strong demonstrated skills in documentation and organization system
- Good understanding of lab systems, wet chemistry, NIR, QA, regulatory, and legislation
- Must be able to communicate effectively and lead other functional leaders in making appropriate food safety/quality/regulatory decisions
- Experience working within the constraints of FSMA, GFSI, ISO 9001/17025, OSHA, HACCP.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, with good time management and full execution
- Team oriented behavior
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel).
REPCO is an AA/EEO Employer
& Provides a Drug-Free Work Environment