JOB TITLE: Product Development Sr. Manager
LOCATION: Madison, WI
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Cheese Technology
The Product Development Sr Manager will develop strategy and lead activities to accomplish innovation, education and strategic product development of cheese and other dairy products, in accordance with company policies and procedures. Knowledge of the science of cheese and dairy is critical to success in this position.
- Driving product and new product development with specialization in Italian style cheese.
- Maintaining systems and processes to track, document and record progress on product and new product development.
- Working within a product lifecycle management framework for projects.
- Providing technical leadership for R&D including oversight of the pilot plant activities as part of research for new products and developing new make procedures.
- Managing the workload and priorities for the applications lab.
- Providing manufacturing operations with scale up product procedures to manufacture new products.
- Coordinating the introduction of new product ideas and make procedures into the manufacturing operations.
- Providing technical support and guidance to sales, supply chain, manufacturing, quality and engineering groups as necessary.
- Traveling to customer locations as required, meeting with customers to obtain the input/opinion of the customer for product development.
- Acting as a technical resource to manufacturing operations and other departments to present information, address and resolve inquiries, problems and process control issues.
- Maintaining technical competency and remaining current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Providing guidance on the latest technology, trends and developments in relevant markets.
- Identifying strategic initiatives, opportunities and threats with respect to cheese and dairy products and new product development
- Travel to various plants around Wisconsin (day trips) will be frequent - up to 80% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Computer Skills: Ability to operate all information technology related business systems, programs and applications in a manner that achieves efficiency, accuracy, and relevancy of information processing and reporting as it applies to this position, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as memoranda, invoices, company policies SOP s and various technical documentation. Ability to process reports and correspondences. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and others. Ability to effectively present information.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply typical continuous improvement methods, statistics and the like, to justify process changes/improvements. Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to process, interpret and apply continuous improvement statistical data into actionable items. Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Other Skills & Abilities: Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines. The ability to drive a motor vehicle, and maintaining a valid driver s license. Advanced knowledge of dairy science or dairy manufacturing. Experience in product development and applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands Employee is continuously more than 66% of time) required to: use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, sit; to verbally communicate; and to hear. The employee is occasionally (up to 33% of the time) required to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally (up to 33% of the time) lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne participles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Protective Equipment Appropriate personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a Bachelor Degree in engineering, food science or related field of study, knowledge related to the job and 10 or more years of job-related experience.
Because you and your family matter, Foremost Farms offers some of the best benefits in the area! Our comprehensive medical plan includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. You can choose to enroll in a single or family plan with low monthly premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/$500). Other benefits include:
- 401(k) with a generous company contribution (100% match on up to 8% deferral)
- Paid time off, starting at 200 hours (25 days)
- 10 Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave (6 weeks paid at 100%)
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care (childcare) expenses
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral program
- Advancement opportunities!
It is the policy of Foremost Farms USA to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Foremost Farms USA, headquartered in Baraboo, Wis.,is a world-class supplier of cheese, dairy products, and ingredients to national and international markets. As a dairy cooperative, we are owned by the 1,100 dairy farmers who supply our high-quality milk. Our flexible, diverse plant network allows us to manufacture products and ingredients that are most in-demand and provide a strong, secure market for our member-owners milk.
We re looking for employees who challenge the status quo, innovate and aim for excellence. Because we re working to be the world s best to Be Foremost we ll bring out the best in you.
Are you ready to Be Foremost?
Please apply at: www.foremostfarms.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Successful completion of pre-employment testing is required, which could include a drug test, physical, audiogram, background check, education check and credit check.