Top global lifestyle supplement client 30+ years in business driven by a scientific concept: How the right nutrition can help people realize their best health possible. They carefully monitor all products to assure purity and safety, from formulation and ingredient selection all the way to the final product. They offer educational support for health care professionals keeping them in touch with the latest research and nutritional approaches to help manage today’s most common illnesses. They are dedicated to helping people live a happier, healthier life by realizing their genetic potential.
The Product Development (PD) Scientist is responsible for all aspects of the technical product and process development from benchtop to commercialization of all dosage forms to achieve NPD (New Product Development) and reformulation goals.
The PD scientist is expected to effectively utilize best practices and procedures in product and process development.
Identifies and advances technology opportunities to drive innovation and points of differentiation for the brands. Effectively interfaces with Nutrition Science, Quality, Manufacturing, Marketing, Procurement and other cross-functional disciplines to accomplish project goals.
The Product Development Scientist is known as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all aspects of formulation, product/process development, scale-up and commercialization of foods, medical foods and dietary supplement dosage forms. Expected to gain knowledge and insights about the customer feedback loops and effectively utilize these in advancing product and process development. Exemplifies good business acumen and utilizes agile principles in product and process development. A good steward of company resources.
- Independently designs and conducts robust experiments to support new product development and/or optimization of existing formulas. Presents relevant findings to R&D Management and appropriate technical groups both internally and externally.
- Develops formulations and processes to support the development of new and novel products and/or optimization of existing products. Responsible for the coordination and execution of bench-top, pilot, manufacturing scale-up and verification batches with speed and robustness.
- Effectively troubleshoots and solves complex formulation & technical challenges with speed and robustness.
- Maintains accurate records of all development projects. Prepares and initiates technical documents such as raw material and product specifications, Job Aids, SOP’s, Manufacturing Batch Records, technology transfer documentations and any other relevant documents for the development and commercialization of the products.
- Prepares stability, sensory, consumer, and clinical study samples. Prepares, reviews and/or approves stability protocols. Works effectively with Quality to monitor, evaluate, summarize and interpret the results of stability studies.
- Develops and maintains a network of vendors, consultants, and educators in order to leverage emerging and enabling technologies and drives new technology advancement.
- Effectively communicates and leads in a cross-team environment, serving as a scientific SME in solving complex formulation and process issues.
- Effectively interfaces with Sourcing/Procurement and Quality to identify raw materials and appropriately qualify these for development and commercialization.
- Identifies, champions and advances manufacturing improvement opportunities.
- May supervise, train and develop staff in developing new products; conducts appropriate experiments and instructs in the proper use of laboratory and manufacturing equipment.
- Maintains pilot plant equipment including maintenance and repairs.
- Perform additional projects as assigned or required by the organization, as developed through Agile squads and/or to support the execution of the Product Development or Enterprise Backlog.
Education: Requires a four-degree college or university degree or its equivalent in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Food Science, Nutrition Science or related filed. Master or PhD degree is preferred.
Experience: Bachelor’s degree requires a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in product development in Food, Confectionary, Cosmetics or Nutraceutical industries. Master’s degree requires a minimum of 4 - 8 years of experience in product development in Food, Confectionary, Cosmetics or Nutraceutical industries. PhD degree requires a minimum of 3 - 5 year of experience in product development in Food, Confectionary, Cosmetics or Nutraceutical industries.
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience in product/process development in powders and all solid dosage forms. Practical knowledge of other dosage forms is a plus.
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques with a solid foundation in basic science
- Ability to robustly develop and commercialize new products.
- Ability to provide guidance and resolve complex technical issues.
- Competency in understanding and interpreting scientific and technical literature and able to report findings in application oriented reports and presentations.
- Proficient in oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and lead in a cross-functional environment especially with Marketing and Operations stakeholders.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of Agile Processes and Tools Preferred
- Excellent business acumen and good steward of company resources.
Immediate interviews and hire! More to share with you if interested. Please send qualified resume to: email@example.com