Product Developer (Food Industry)
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Type: Permanent Full-Time
Cardinal Meat Specialists is a family-owned business that has been operating for more than 50 years, specializing in ground and fully cooked meat products. Tenets of innovation and partnership with customers, have led to numerous firsts in the meat industry in the areas of food safety, forming and technology design in the North American market.
Our focus on quality products and service has been recognized by Canada#39;s premier restaurants, grocery and retail chains, and independent operators. Cardinal Meats is truly dedicated to providing a positive and rewarding work environment for its employees with training, recognition, and special events.
OUR CORE VALUES
Passion [Love what you do]
Dedication [When the going gets tough, the tough keep going]
Accountability [Own involvement in solutions]
Dreams & Goals [Work towards your dreams]
Honesty & Integrity [Always do what is right]
This position reports to the Director-Engineering & Product Development and is responsible for the development and commercialization of new products, and provides support and executes on core Cardinal products.
- Live our Core Values
- Coordinate product development through all stages of development – concept to first production
- Creation and documentation for new products
- Lead segment development meetings
- Lead the team through plant trials and sensory evaluations
- Lead segment Database management
- Accountable for defining all Packaging specifications within Cardinal’s current capabilities
- Provide technical information as needed to support packaging and label development
- Provide technical support to Sales, Marketing and Customers
- Participate in team projects and work collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Continuous improvement to our programs, procedures, ingredients/functionality and cost initiatives
- SQF and HACCP accountabilities
- Ensure that all products are manufactured in accordance with company specifications
- Coverage for planned and unplanned absences which could compromise our policies, procedures and programs
- Act within the company philosophy
- 5+ years experience in product development
- B.Sc. in Food Science and Technology
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Understanding of accounting, costing and must possess strong mathematical skills
- Project management experience
- Experienced at new product development from concept right through to launch.
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Knowledge of GMPs, HACCP Principles and GFSI awareness/understanding.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify H.R. if required.