Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
ConAgra Brands Vlasic facility located in Imlay City, Michigan, has an opportunity for a Produce Receiving Clerk (seasonal demand March-November). Primarily working first shift hours. The Produce Receiving Clerk reports to and collaborates with the Produce Receiving Team Leader. Primarily responsible for coordinating produce receiving activities for incoming shipments with a smooth flow of raw materials to the production lines. The qualified candidate will maintain detailed records of incoming and outgoing shipments and complete required shipment verification. Other duties include, assistance with overseeing the processing, storage, use and documentation of supplies, materials, and equipment. Assistance with making arrangements to complete project work, periodic and daily routines to support the production and receiving requirements. Documentation of work procedures. Assist shift team leaders in preparing work schedules and expediting workflow.
- Coordinates produce receiving operations and production support requirements with the Quality, Agriculture, and Production Operations departments.
- Maintains timely loading, unloading, and scheduling of produce or ingredients to meet plant and corporate objectives.
- Assists in overseeing shipping/receiving operations to provide efficient handling of raw materials and support of production requirements.
- Adheres to and maintains produce rotation and QA inspection/hold programs.
- Periodically audits inventory for accuracy and obsolete product.
- Enforces the plant#39;s safety program including food safety GMP#39;s.
- Assist in monitoring produce receiving area and employees to eliminate work hazards and prevent unsafe acts.
- Submit work orders for repairs and recommend changes for safe operation.
- Assist in driving initiatives to reduce cost through labor controls, damage reduction, implementation of new methods and tools to improve productivity.
- Coordinates other activities in produce receiving as required
- Strong experience in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) - required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- Previous experience in a food processing, manufacturing or receiving environment is a plus
- A self-motivated individual that can multi-task.
- Associates Degree preferred but not required.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.