The Floorstock Coordinator works in conjunction with internal clients and suppliers to assure continuous supply of direct materials. This job performs analysis and develops planning methods to minimize inventory exposure while obtaining the lowest total cost of ownership. The primary responsibility is floor stock direct materials held at the suppliers locations.
- Develop demand planning and ordering tools for floor-stocked materials.
- Implement ordering and inventory management strategy established with the Manager.
- Analyze demand, inventory, and price breaks to determine economic order quantities (EOQs) for floor-stocked materials. When appropriate, move items from floor stock to make-to-order status and vice versa.
- Create and submit POs for assigned materials. Communicate and maintain changes related to order quantities, delivery dates, price, etc.
- Interact with Material Planners to develop and maintain order release strategies ensuring appropriate system-wide inventory distribution.
- Research and provide disposition for vendor-held aged and obsolete inventory in accordance with Company procedures.
- Reconcile invoice discrepancies with vendors and accounting.
- Track vendor-established KPIs, including but not limited to production run tolerances, product specification tolerances, lead-time adherence, and price variances.
- Interact with Purchasing Coordinator for packaging changes including new, promotional, and seasonal items.
- Approval and tracking of expedited and unplanned freight for packaging materials.
- Compile, analyze, and provide inventory exposure and write-off reports as requested by Manager, Marketing, Sales, and Customers.
- Attend meetings associated with new product launches, national promotions, limit-time offers, and market tests. As needed, provide updates related to material delivery, delays, and inventory exposure/write-off.
- Interact with Sales and Customers to obtain or develop forecasts for customer-specific materials that are unique to Company s direct material portfolio.
- Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration or related discipline plus a minimum of 3 years of Purchasing, Material Management or Supply Chain experience. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently, prioritizes, and handles multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of forecasting/demand planning methods with demonstrated performance in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal clients and suppliers.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP.
Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications.
Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail or call 972.232.5200 to let us know the nature of your request.