Red River Commodities is seeming a Procurement and Purchasing Agent who will oversee the purchase of finished goods, ingredients, and/or packaging materials. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, understanding commodity market conditions, negotiating pricing, monitoring inventory levels, reordering at optimum time and price, troubleshooting issues, and negotiating transportation prices. This individual will also research and develop alternate vendor sources as needed and make recommendations regarding cost reduction, forecasting of material prices, optimizing profit margins, and maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Responsible for sourcing and replenishment of third party finished goods in accordance with company inventory management practices.
- Reviews and approves purchase requisitions.
- Conducts in-depth analysis to determine appropriate reorder triggers as well as required on hand inventory amounts.
- Issues purchase orders; secures and coordinates the delivery of finished goods to meet scheduled ship dates, follows up as necessary.
- Assists grain purchasing manager with coordinating deliveries to production facility
- Reviews the Re-Order Reports daily, as well as other system tools to identify materials needed to be purchased.
- Maintains inventory levels in accordance with business accepted practices and assists with inventory dispositions.
- Maintains accurate purchasing files including: accurate pricing, supplier lead times, minimum order quantities, freight rates, supplier contact information, fees and standard costs.
- Manages supplier administrative functions, including the addition or removal of supplier activation in the system. Works closely and communicates frequently with business unit stakeholders - Manufacturing, Sales, Quality Assurance, Product Development, Supply Chain, etc. to adequately understand and meet Business Unit needs and requirements.
- Assists with developing new supplier relationships and cultivating existing ones: including attending supplier meetings, driving the RFP bid analysis, conducting cost of ownership analysis, financial impact analysis, inventory run out analysis, supply planning analysis, system maintenance of cost, lead time, MOQ, ROP and compiling and analyzing other procurement related data.
- Identifies and communicates “unique” material risks and potential “obsolete” materials.
- Compiles month-end inventory turns reporting to assist with continuous turn improvement.
- Supports Research & Development, when requested, to source raw materials from the current supplier base or new suppliers.
- Provides ideas for productivity projects (cost savings initiatives) and works with team to complete.
- Assists in the evaluation of existing suppliers and selection of new suppliers.
- Participates in sourcing initiatives, vendor negotiations and Ideation sessions to achieve the lowest cost/ high quality product for Company Operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in purchasing, materials management, supply or related field
- 3-5 years of purchasing experience in a material related function; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have solid understanding of production planning within an ERP/MRP system.
- Proven cost savings history within purchasing, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Access).
- Must have good planning, organizational and execution skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and established goals and objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, works well with others, respectful of all team members, good time management skills.