Layton Dairy, a proud member of the nation-wide Kroger Family of Companies, is looking forMachine Operatorsto work in our Ice Cream and Milk Manufacturing Departments.At Layton Dairy, we uniquely offer the resources and benefits of a Fortune 500company while maintaining a hometown atmosphere centered around teamwork, support, and development.
What We Offer
- Starting wage of $15.00 per hour with the potential to make $22+ within the first year after training to be an operator
- Night Shift Premium of $2
- Paid breaks and lunches
- $500 sign on bonus
- Quarterly bonus potential
- Two weeks of paid Vacation
- 6 paid Holidays with 4 personal days off
- Paid sick leave
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts at all Smiths stores
- Many other perks
Responsible for the processing and pasteurizing of raw and condensed products through a defined step by step process to ensure fulfillment of company, state and federal guidelines. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure all known pathogens are pasteurized and product is homogenized according to specifications.
- Run and maintain pasteurizer and other related equipment within dairy production environment.
- Closely monitor production process and follow standard operating procedures for product batching and processing.
- Verify all charts including frequency pen, cut in/cut out temperatures and product recording temperatures.
- Monitor fats, total solids, allergens, cryoscopy and other items related to processing dairy products.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
- Maintain sanitation of equipment including Clean in Place (CIP) and hand cleaning.
- Operate equipment at recommended speeds and communicate mechanical and operations issues as they arise.
- Operate and clean equipment with a sense of urgency to maximize throughput and minimize downtime.
- Transfer materials, supplies and products between work areas using moving equipment and hand tools.
- Monitor process and surroundings in order to anticipate and prepare for any changes in production.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and associates and notify them of any problems or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow simple instructions, short correspondence, gauges and memos
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Basic writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced, wet environment with some exposure to chemicals
- Ability to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends, and holidays
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Experience in manufacturing environment
Leadership Behaviors:Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, clickhere.