At Johnsonville, we use our business to build our people. If you#39;re passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand enjoyed in 45 countries. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, our company is 2,000 members strong and remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned company!
Processing Department Member
Why This Is A Great Job For A Person Who Wants To Be Great
Your contribution will ensure that Johnsonville products are of the highest quality and meet our defined standards of safety. You’ll learn about a variety of Processing Department processes, expanding your existing knowledge for application into the business of making sausage. There is unlimited opportunity for growth as you become an active contributor to the Processing Department and assist your team in the quest for continual improvement.
The successful candidate will ensure compliance with safety, quality, and sanitation requirements while operating sausage making equipment. In addition, this candidate will establish and sustain effective relationships with all Members so that they may work together to promote innovation and cooperation in order to solve problems.
- Know and follow all safety policies involved in the position including lockout/tag-out procedures, PPE, safe lifting techniques etc.).
- Learn to effectively and efficiently operate the recipe office.
- Maintain production at line speed.
- Operate a prime mover to load trucks and move combos of meat.
- Operate a forklift to load spice onto a blender stand.
- Follow daily production schedules for products that need to be blended.
- Follow correct formulation of meat, seasoning and water that’s required for each blend.
- Follow HACCP Regulations for paperwork involved for batches blended.
- Calculate formulations (as needed).
- Complete paperwork (paper and electronic) for all processes as required.
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to take on future learning opportunities.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to document supply usage and reconcile inventory.
- Ability to read, speak, and write English.
- Computer skills needed.
- Ability to identify and fix problems with minimal guidance.
- Multitasking required.
- Communication / organization, including legible hand writing.
- Evaluation / decision making / prioritizing.
- Requires full range of body motion: standing, squatting, kneeling, upper body twisting: occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, hand and wrist mobility.
- TEMPERATURE - Will be exposed to wide variations in temperature, operating temperature of the department is approximately 43 degrees F.
- The ability to work with inside conditions that include exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Inside conditions include exposure to moderate noise levels, moderate odor and presence of animal blood.
1st Shift 6:30am-4:30pm (Overtime as production demands.)
How to Apply - For External Members: Apply at jobs.johnsonville.com.
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.