Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
Performs a variety of functions in collaboration with cross-functional teams to support fermentation and downstream process operations at the facility.
Assigned to a rotating 12 hour shift, working an equal number of days and nights over a 4 week interval, Maybe occasionally required to provide coverage on other shifts other than the assigned shift.
- Operates, controls and monitors various process equipment including make-up tanks, fermenters, conveyors, rotary valves, pneumatic blowers, pumps, tanks, process piping valves and controls, dryers, scrubbers, centrifuges and evaporators, boilers, turbine/generator, filters, etc.; applies understanding of aseptic protocols and practices for sanitation.
- Observes process control parameters utilizing distributed control system and/or field installed local gauges.
- Obtains samples; performs physical, analytical and microbiological tests; records data and follows established protocols to make process adjustments to maintain established parameters; provides input and recommendations related to findings.
- Performs data collection and documentation; maintains operations and equipment logs and records; reviews data to identify and evaluate trends; communicates with supervisor regarding recommendations for changes in equipment or process parameters.
- Participates in ongoing training on equipment and process operations to support effective job task performance.
- Communicates and collaborates with team of process technicians and supervisor to effectively support operations; may direct the work or task assignments of general laborer (contract position).
- Performs cleaning and sanitation tasks to support sanitation program, good manufacturing practices (GMP) and adherence with standard operating protocols.
- Performs tasks in confined areas and/or inside tanks, at heights, in extreme temperatures due to weather and process conditions (hot, cold, humid, dusty and noisy) and utilizes personal protective equipment including but not limited to gloves, dust masks or respirators, chemical suits and eye/hearing protection.
- Adheres to workplace safety policies and procedures, and demonstrates commitment to continuous safety improvements; reports all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Demonstrated experience using process equipment, tools and testing methods
- Data collection and documentation
- Developed and executed training
- High school graduate or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. Our sustainable ingredient solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. With a worldwide network of production facilities, sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries, Corbion is known for quality, product innovation, and customer orientation, as well as for its collegial, informal and results-oriented company culture.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Nearest Major Market: Peoria
Job Segment: Technician, Microbiology, Medical, Maintenance, Chemical Research, Technology, Science, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Engineering