You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you're thinking how can I get my hands on some free goodies?
Our team members can take home free snacks!
Process Maintenance Technician
Starting Hourly Rate - $21.67 plus noted shift premium
Day Shift - 7a -7p, Sun Tues and every other Wed ($1.00 shift premium)
Day Shift - 7a -7p , Thurs Sat and every other Wed ($1.00 shift premium)
Your Seat at the Table
The Maintenance Technician maintains the efficiency of machinery and equipment in a continuous improvement-based environment, while also creating and maintaining a safe work environment. Position is responsible for setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining production/manufacturing equipment and machinery. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or adjustments as needed.
Your Seat at the Table
The Process Maintenance Technician position is accountable for the efficient installation, repair, and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility s equipment
- Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
- Performs simple machinist duties and responsibilities
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities
- Performs a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detects faulty operations and defective material; reports those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas
- 3 years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience ; experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings), product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs), troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns), and reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics)
Role Contribution Level
This position is a non-supervisory role.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!