COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting all pilot plant production activities including equipment sanitation and maintenance, warehouse management, ordering, shipping of all materials or equipment. Will support routine and non-routine analytical testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Warehouse management and inventorying of ingredients and packaging materials. (FIFO, Disposal)
• Ordering and shipping of materials
• Equipment set-up, sanitation, processing, cleaning
• Maintenance of warehouse, pilot plant and lab area.
• Supporting Processing, Product Development and Packaging scientists in project work in the lab, pilot plant or even at factories.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• A High School degree is required
• Must have worked in a similar small scale factory or pilot plant environment for 2 years or more. Must be comfortable around large equipment and able to maintenance the pilot plant equipment.
• A minimum of (3) years of experience in a Food Science industry – preferably Product Development.
• Working in a factory environment is essential
• Experience in Food pilot plant or manufacturing environment would be a plus. Specific experience in tomato based sauces, dressings, mustards, ketchups and condiment.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Strong Computer Literacy skills.
• Ability to travel up to 20%.
• Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
• Ability to exhibit a professional business-like appearance and demeanor