Home Market Foods is a dynamic food manufacturing company that is the market leader in a number of meat-based meal and snack categories. We have grown substantially across our markets through excellence in innovation, operations, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by our ownership group and an expanding team of world-class leaders. HMF is building on our track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF's business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for our customers and team.
With corporate headquarters in Needham, MA and a manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA, we are comfortably located within the Boston metropolitan area.
We are growing at a rapid rate, and our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions. To this end, we are posting for a strong Process Engineer. This role will be based in our Norwood, MA manufacturing facility.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Process Engineer works with the process engineering team to make improvements to existing workflows and equipment. This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and experience in the industrial engineering field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Research and develop improvements to existing equipment and processes
- Manage projects by utilizing Process Engineering Technicians, Contractors and Maintenance Technicians
- Develop drawings and parts lists for equipment built or modified by the Company
- Utilize mechanical and fabrication skills to assist both the Process Engineering and Maintenance Technicians
- Manage and develop work schedules for Technicians and Contractors
- Gather quotes from venders and contractors and make accompanying recommendations
- Promote the use of MES in the Process Engineering team
- Assist in the implementation of lean manufacturing principles and methodologies
- Update documentation and resource requirement standards as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience
- Previous Industrial Engineering experience in the manufacturing industry a plus
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as necessary to complete projects and installs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate effective people skills.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with basic office software (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Must be a self-starter and team player.
This position will require 50% office work and 50% field work on the production floor.
Please visit https://homemarketfoods.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to complete our online application form.