Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. We develop sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture.
Project Development and Implementation
- Understand the Business and the Internal Client#39;s needs: together with the process team, develop the technical scope of the project.
- Perform the quotations and define the project budget.
- Elaborate the documents to allow the project approval.
- Lead the projects in each phase: from conceptual design to execution steps.
- Work in a cooperative way with other colleagues and departments.
- Promote the integration with the several stakeholders, providing updates of the project progress.
- Conduct meetings, elaborate the minutes of meeting and perform follow ups.
- Working together with the Project Manager and the EHS area, develop the Construction Safety Standards.
- Monitor the project development and implementation, ensuring that the original scope is being evaluated.
- Perform the cost control of the projects under your responsibility and support the Project Manager to track the purchase requisitions/orders related to the project portfolio- CAPEX.
- Make sure the project acquisitions are going to be delivered on time and develop the risk plan.
- Apply Quality good practices and EHS Procedures/Safety Rules to all the projects.
Beyond an educational background in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or related fields we need you to have:
- Project management experience.
- Experience in chemical companies, developing engineering projects.
- Process safety concepts applied to project design.
- Project planning.
Furthermore, you meet the following competences:
- Good command of English (verbal and writing)
- Proven knowledge/experience regarding Project/Process Design and Management.
- A Project Engineer should have the following skill sets: communication, presentation, coordination, active listening, critical thinking, reading comprehension, writing, monitoring, service/client orientation, time management, organizational, interpersonal, judgment and decision making, active learning, diplomacy, mentoring, leadership and team building, negotiation, change management, project management, conflict management, multi-tasking, political sensitivity, salesmanship, and persuasion and influencing
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.