Nitta Gelatin a multi-site manufacturing company is seeking a Process Engineer to join our Fayetteville, NC team.
Some responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yield, and costs.
- Troubleshooting equipment failures or process failures in a highly automated and highly integrated system
- Design and integrates components for complex processing systems, involving pipes, fittings, components and tanks to Food & Drug Administration requirements.
- Reads, creates and interprets technical drawings, schematics, process flow diagrams and computer generated reports.
- Develop innovative solutions.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Provide Technical Support for all manufacturing and continuous quality improvement programs.
- Develop, implement and maintain all changes with consideration of long term lean production techniques.
- Participate in reviews of flow sheets, P&I diagrams.
- Work with vendors to develop a cost-effective and working production process.
- Ensure projects are completed on time.
EDUCATION,TRAINING AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- BSME or BS in Chemical Engineering
- Knowledge of manufacturing regulations and standards
- Troubleshooting ability
- Ability to balance multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Information and data monitoring
- Problem identification and analysis
- Judgement and problem-solving
- Allen Bradley controls experience a plus
3 to 5 years’ experience in a production facility in food, beverage, or chemical processing environment
Some travel required.