Are you ready to join a global Engineering team and help expand our brand? Sabra is looking for a Senior Process Engineer to achieve deliverables in safety, quality, cost, schedule, reliability, and efficiency. As part of a broader engineering team, the ideal person will execute innovative projects while consistently demonstrating expertise and excellence in capital project management.
Feel Good Careers @ Sabra Dipping Company
Sabra started at a small factory in Astoria, New York, but we always knew we were onto something big. As a joint venture between Strauss Group and PepsiCo, we’ve grown to be the number one Hummus company in the world. If you have a real passion for food and think Hummus is as magical as we do, join our team.
We offer comprehensive benefits, a great company culture, and a diverse group of people who take ownership to create something awesome. We are committed to individuals ‘being at their best’ by bringing fresh ideas to the table and turning their passion for food into results that matter.
Dip into this Role
The Sr. Process Engineer will lead, manage, and execute engineering projects in a food processing environment. This role will collaborate across functions to develop and solve technical issues within the Sabra Supply Chain. Additionally, the role involves tracking, reporting, and forecasting capital associated with their projects. This person will be an SME for processing systems. This role will report to the Sr. Manager Process Engineer.
- Provide leadership through all phases of engineering projects related to delivering new initiatives, increasing capacity, improving quality, cost or reliability of existing and new facilities and process systems
- Provide process equipment and process control leadership in small to large capital projects ranging from $50K to $15M in scope
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to meet project goals, schedule and budget; includes leading internal resources as well as external engineering design build firm and construction contractors
- Identify process improvement opportunities and present cost-effective engineering solutions that align with Sabra’s short and long term strategies
- Formulate CAPEX justification for all projects and obtain business approval for capital spend
- Serve as the point contact for process technical issue resolution in all global manufacturing sites
- This role is the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for all product cooking, cooling, storage and mixing as well as CIP (Clean In Place) technologies
Recipe for Success
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering highly preferred, Food Science with manufacturing experience considered
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering focused role in a manufacturing environment. Experience in Engineering and/or operations in the refrigerated or frozen food industry is a plus
- Expertise in manufacturing processes including batch, continuous and discrete processes with emphasis on equipment capacity specification and focus on complete production line design
- Experience working with GMPs, HACCP programs and/or experience with FDA, NSF, and USDA regulatory programs also a plus
- Demonstrated expertise on capital project management and leadership as well as third party contractor management including working with engineering design/build firms. Large project management a plus ($10M+)
- Strong technical skills related to manufacturing process equipment including maintenance and establishing requirements on the front-end engineering design process
- Experience with process control technologies, software design specifications, information systems, Rockwell PLCs and InTouch HMI systems.
- Experience on multifunctional teams and providing leadership on capital projects is a must
- Must thrive in a fast paced, results oriented culture
- Superior team building and communication skills to work with all levels inside and outside the organization
- Must be disciplined in execution and rigorous with technical details. Skilled at getting to the essence of the data and ability to reduce complex problems to simple set of solutions
- Ability to communicate technical and business information effectively
- Ability to travel up to 30% both domestically and globally and flexibility to lead and ensure project work continues over selected nights and weekends.