Do you have the appetite to Grow Your Magic?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 9000 employees in over 70 countries. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
The position is responsible for the design and implementation of pricing strategies leading to margin stabilization and improvement, proper risk management, and competitive market approach.
In this role, the Pricing Analyst will guarantee a relevant price positioning and contract/quotation approach through connections with the appropriate departments. The position will ensure a proper risk management between our Sales commitments and our ingredients coverage for specific customers and across the overall business.
The Pricing Analyst will implement best-in-class pricing protocols, recommend the appropriate use of the available systems, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Pricing methodologies and practices.
- Identify opportunities to optimize sales and profitability through pricing strategies
- Guide the sales team on the best approach to customer opportunities using the knowledge of the market, business strategy, plant capacities, customer value created by Puratos analytical models providing trend information & the behavior of the buyer
- Participates on cross-functional and system related projects as a Subject Matter Expert
- Recommends financial process improvements
- Project cost evolution and detect ingredients risks. Adjust pricing approach and protect profitability accordingly.
- Work closely with Purchasing department to establish booking of ingredients for long term contracts
- Determine new prices by obtaining ingredient costs from purchasing due to seasonality and/or market fluctuations
- Responds to complex pricing inquiries and supports the resolution of price discrepancies
- Regular pricing benchmark across customers and market alignment
- Simplification of pricing processes and reduction of anomalies (manual pricing, credits...)
- Provide pricing quotation analysis for Sales management. Confer with sales and marketing teams to develop proposals and quotations
- Perform margin and pricing analysis in order to support business initiatives & guarantee profitability
- Monitor and update commercial price lists
- Manage pricing tasks on a day to day basis
- Supports the timely and accurate execution and monitoring of price adjustments and new product pricing
- Administers pricing databases, including system enhancement requirement gathering, testing, and validation
- Provides mentoring and training to other partners on pricing related calculations, analysis, reporting, systems and process flows
- May include troubleshooting system related issues and providing ad hoc reporting or analysis
- Bachelor s degree required, preferably in Business, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science; MBA is a strong plus
- 3+ years of Pricing, Finance or Risk Management experience
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data management
- SAP experience is a strong plus
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to effectively articulate insights and recommend actions
- Strong organization and project-management skills, including the ability to meet demanding, evolving, and often competing deadlines
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization
- Food knowledge is a plus
- Strong project management skills