POSITION SUMMARY: The safe and efficient operation of boiler room and refrigeration equipment; provide support to ensure the facility with optimum supply of steam; compressed air; hot and chilled water; and refrigeration/ammonia necessary to meet the established objectives of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates and maintains automatically controlled, gas fired, high pressure boilers.
- Operates and maintains ammonia refrigeration equipment including compressors, chillers, cooling towers, heat exchangers, and pumps.
- Operates and maintains air compressors and air dryers.
- Operates and maintains water softening, filtration, RO, and chlorine dosing systems.
- Takes test samples and controls addition of chemicals to water systems.
- Operates and maintains auxiliary equipment such as feed water pumps.
- Maintains proper water level and required steam pressure and supplies steam to meet plant load requirements.
- Responsible for routine maintenance of pumps, valves, lines, and other utility equipment.
- Monitors fire annunciation panel and computer monitor readouts of boiler room and refrigeration building equipment.
- Performs cleaning and housekeeping assignments and any such duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains all needed supplies and parts for safe and efficient operation of boiler room and auxiliary equipment.
- Operates and maintains CO2 liquid storage and vaporization system.
- Operates and maintains well pumps and also diesel and electric fire pumps.
- Performs all record keeping duties, including data logging and filing, of boiler room equipment, maintenance procedures, ammonia compliance documentation, safety related functions and other miscellaneous events.
- Required involvement for HAZMAT and Emergency Response Team
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Perform all duties within GMP standards.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Follow company safety & environmental objectives & targets. Follow the plant safety rules. Report unsafe conditions immediately. Report incidents immediately or by the end of the shift. Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs
- High school diploma or GED.
- Shelby County Operating Engineers License or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems, control power and drives, sanitary control principals, operation and trouble shooting of chillers, boilers and other equipment.
- Required to obtain Shelby County 1st class steam operator license within 1 year of employment.
- Possess excellent communication, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong leadership and team skills.
- Good judgment and common sense.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision requirements in close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This is a night shift position and the hours will be 6:00 pm – 6:00 am on rotation (1on, 3off, 3on, 1off, 3on, 3off). ***Must be available to work any assigned shift ***
City Brewing Company provides a competitive salary and benefit package that includes: Health, Life, Dental and Long Term Disability Insurance; Section 125; 401(k); and more. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume, including salary requirements.