At Glanbia Nutritionals Inc., our portfolio centers around dairy and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional nutrition markets. We are the number one provider of whey-based nutritional ingredients globally and the number one producer of American-style cheddar cheese. Our protein systems have transformed the bar and beverage categories — bringing increased levels of protein, cleaner labels and greater product functionality to market. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and international sales and technical offices around the world.
- Provide leadership and direction for 4-6 powder blending operators
- Efficiently & safely operate a forklift
- Ensure that trucks are loaded and un-loaded correctly
- Maintain records of shipments and work accomplished
- Keep work area clean and uncluttered and floors free of broken pieces of pallets
- Keep Warehouse ingredients, chemicals, and products organized and neat
- Perform daily checks on the forklifts for mechanical problems
- Inspect outgoing & in coming loads for damage product
- Help maintain a good safe work environment
- Takes active role in continuous improvement teams
- Staging loads for shipping
- Maintains an accurate inventory at all times
- Maintains an Audit Ready Warehouse at all times
- Stage & prepare powder blending campaigns & batches with high accuracy
- Document batches-must be able to traced to quality’s specifications
- Quality Control powder blending batches & campaigns
- Coordinate with warehousing and production scheduling department to ensure ingredients are delivered for blends as scheduled
- Sample product & send out to contract manufacturers through UPS/FedEx
- Shrink wrap final product pallets, store & organize
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Each employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to the Occupational Safety and Health Act which are applicable to his/her own actions and conduct
- Complies with all applicable food safety regulations and mandates (Safe Quality Foods, Food and Drug Admin, Pasteurized Milk Ordinance)
- Regular and timely attendance required
Delivering on Glanbia’s Values:
- “Showing Respect” - Research issues & incidents with internal teams, business partners and customers in a collaborative manner that includes professional, honest and transparent communication.
- “Find a Better Way” - Work with internal and external teams to implement process improvements and/or procedural changes that eliminate non-value added activities and drive more business value.
- “Winning Together” - Assist with training of new team members. Facilitate or oversee training and standard operating procedure reviews to ensure new hires develop proficiency of role.
- “The Customer’s Champion” – Proactively engage to support our customer needs on an end to end basis and strive to meet or exceed SLA timelines. Take ownership of customer requests and engage with internal teams as needed and within a timely manner.
- “Performance Matters” – Meet or exceed all key metrics in line with expectations for role. Continually update knowledge of products, product changes, processes and services offered to deliver a dynamic customer experience.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Plans and Aligns: Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ensure immediate and appropriate actions are taken to support our customers and team.
- Action Oriented: Must be able to prioritize, organize and work independently with minimal supervision and remain productive at all times.
- Collaborates: Ability to professionally and effectively interact with all levels of employee/personnel and customers (internal & external). Must be able to work in a team environment and possess problem solving skills.
- Communicates Effectively: Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to read and write instructions in English.
- Drives Results: Must be results focused and oriented toward accomplishment of team and organizational goals. Develop a strong understanding of our customers, processes, products and system tools.
- Situational Adaptability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of factors in situations where limited standardization exists. Must be able to work flexible hours to include Nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when needed.
Language, Computer & Numeracy:
- Must be fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills to follow SOP’s and SAG’s.
- Familiarity with GMP’s
- Familiarity with computers and basic typing
Typical Physical Activity
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee and the work environment characteristics are those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently (51-75%) use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally (25-50%) walk, lift and/or move 26 to 60 lbs.
- Rarely (1-25%) stand, sit, talk or hear, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Typical Environmental Conditions
- May be exposed to ___85+______ noise levels in which hearing protection will be needed.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
Are you someone who likes to make it happen, make it better and make it fun? If so, our company offers you an excellent opportunity to do really interesting work and develop a career in a dynamic and innovative environment that is all about making you and our business successful.