Packages powder, pre-weigh ingredients into smaller batches with precision & cleanliness and seals bags.
- Hand stack packages on pallets
- Check/weighs packages
- Apply labels to packages
- Operates forklift & stacks pallets in a safe and efficient manner
- Operate & clean shrink wrapper
- Operate & clean metal detector
- Clean remaining packaging equipment
- Assists in restacking and re-bagging powder as necessary
- Operate & clean dust collection system
- Operate & clean commercial sized vacuum
- Operate, calibrate, & clean scales in packaging & pre-weigh rooms
- Operate J-truck safely & efficiently
- Validate & clean magnet
- Pre-weigh ingredients into smaller batches with precision & cleanliness
- Vacuum pallets and individual bags thoroughly
- Operate super sack un-loader
- Accurately select bags & pallets to be dumped
- Breaks bags in a safe, effective, and timely manner-ensure all product is dumped out of every bag
- Use utility tools safely and for appropriate task
- Clean bag break, super sack un-loader, pneumatic convey lines, blender, hoppers, & other supporting equipment as needed
- Operate equipment manually & by the HMI
- Completes master sanitation in all processing areas & documents accordingly
- Fill out all logs and paperwork legibly
- Help maintain a good safe work environment
- Takes active role in continuous improvement teams,
- Each employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to the Occupational Safety and Health Act which are applicable to his/her own actions and conduct
- Complies with all applicable food safety regulations and mandates (Safe Quality Foods, Food and Drug Admin, Pasteurized Milk Ordinance)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Delivering on Glanbia s Values:
- Showing Respect - Research issues & incidents with internal teams, business partners and customers in a collaborative manner that includes professional, honest and transparent communication.
- Find a Better Way - Work with internal and external teams to implement process improvements and/or procedural changes that eliminate non-value added activities and drive more business value.
- Winning Together - Assist with training of new team members. Facilitate or oversee training and standard operating procedure reviews to ensure new hires develop proficiency of role.
- The Customer s Champion - Proactively engage to support our customer needs on an end to end basis and strive to meet or exceed SLA timelines. Take ownership of customer requests and engage with internal teams as needed and within a timely manner.
- Performance Matters - Meet or exceed all key metrics in line with expectations for role. Continually update knowledge of products, product changes, processes and services offered to deliver a dynamic customer experience.
- Regular and timely attendance required
High School Diploma or GED and or related experience
Previous manufacturing experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Plans and Aligns: Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ensure immediate and appropriate actions are taken to support our customers and business partners.
- Action Oriented: Must be able to prioritize, organize well within your team.
- Collaborates: Ability to professionally and effectively interact with all levels of employee/personnel and customers (internal & external). Must be able to work in a team environment and possess problem solving skills.
- Communicates Effectively: Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to read and write instructions in English
- Drives Results: Must be results focused and oriented toward accomplishment of team and organizational goals. Develop a strong understanding of our customers, processes, products and system tools.
- Situational Adaptability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of factors in situations where limited standardization exists. Must be able to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when needed.
Language, Computer & Numeracy:
- Must be fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills to follow SOP s and SAG s.
- Familiarity with GMP s
- Familiarity with computers and basic typing
Typical Physical Activity
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee and the work environment characteristics are those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently (51-75%) use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally (25-50%) walk, lift and/or move 26 to 60 lbs.
- Rarely (1-25%) stand, sit, talk or hear, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
- vision requirements for this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Typical Environmental Conditions
May be exposed to ___85+______ noise levels in which hearing protection will be needed.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
At Glanbia, we celebrate diversity, because we know that our individual strengths make us stronger together. We welcome and encourage interest from a wide variety of candidates, and we will give your application consideration, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Glanbia our culture will celebrate individuality, knowing that together we are more.